Chapter 14

Then I got a call...

~Time skip (1 year)~
~Your POV~
"Hello, welcome to Sweet Side Cafe, how may I help you?" I asked my last customer of the day.

"I would like one milkshake, please." The gruff man replied.

"Anything else, sir?" The man looked kinda suspicious, honestly.

"Your free time, please." He smirked.

I shook my head and smiled as sweetly and innocently as I could, though you could hear the venom dripping off of my words.

"Only what's on the menu, sir." I grit my teeth.

The man smirked.

"Well then, are you on the menu?" He asked again.

I had to hold back my groan. The man was starting to claw at my patience.

I shook my head, not trusting my voice to 'keep it down'.

"Ugh, fine. Get me a milkshake, now!" He demanded.

I felt like punching the man in the gut, but I simply nodded and went to the kitchen out back to give the order.

"One milkshake for the creep at table 7!" I called out to Reina, one of the chefs working at the cafe and one of my best friends since I moved to Shiroke Town.

Reina chuckled.

"You really hate that guy, don't you?" She asked.

I groaned.

"He comes here everyday! Plus, he's super annoying. He always asks me to spend time with him and stuff, it's creepy and disgusting." I shivered at the thought.

"Did he specify what flavour of milkshake he wanted?" Reina asked after a while of laughing.

I shook my head and Reina shrugged.

"I'll just give him vanilla." She said and went to go make the milkshake, her forest green hair swaying behind her.

I looked around and saw a sink, I was really tempted to just use my magic and splash the guy out the cafe and wish for him to never return. I didn't even care if he sued me or the cafe.

I sighed and grabbed the finished milkshake from the counter and walked over to the man. I gently placed the milkshake on his table and started to walk away, until my hand was yanked on by the annoying man.

I inhaled sharply and spun around on my heel.

"Did you need something?" I said with an attitude, hoping he'd get the hint.

But life just had to mess with me.

"I need you to bring me another milkshake." The man replied.

My eyes twitched.

"But you haven't even finished your first one." I muttered.

The man sent me a look and 'shoo'ed me off the get him another.

As I walked back to the kitchen, the man slapped my butt and yelled, "And make sure it's a chocolate one this time!"

I grinded my teeth together and stomped back to the kitchen.

"Reina, a chocolate milkshake for the creep and pervert at table 7." I spat out and turned away.

"I'm going home for now, I'm going to lose it if that man keeps this up." I rubbed my forehead on the way out and looked back at said girl.

Reina nodded and smiled, her ruby red eyes glimmering with amusement as she focused on the milkshake.

I got to the changing room and got out of my uniform and into more comfortable clothes.

I picked up my bags and sneaked out the cafe, making sure I wasn't spotted by the man.

I softly closed the door from outside and sighed in relief.

'I have to deal with him again tomorrow though.'

I groaned and rubbed my face. I shook my head.

'Happy thoughts only... happy thoughts only...'

I got home and locked the doors and windows.

I gently threw my bag to the side and went to the kitchen to get a quick glass of water — which I chugged, went to my bedroom and got pulled a book from a shelf nearby and got on my hammock, starting to read.

I soon got immersed in the story, so much so I didn't feel time pass.

She felt a rush through her veins as he leaned in, tilting her head up to connect their eyes.

Her onyx eyes stare into his deep E/C ones, her fingers locked in a position on his head, ruffling his H/C hair.

The boy used his other hand to caress her surprisingly natural salmon-pink hair, their faces getting closer and closer.

Their eyes were half-lidded as they locked, lips slowly connecting in a sweet and soft kiss.

His lips were rough and chapped, while hers were plump and smooth.

The kiss was passionate, holding what seemed to be millions of emotions in that one simple gesture.

They lost themselves for that seemingly short moment.

No matter how long they had held that position, the thought of it not being long enough would always strike them.

They carefully pulled apart, a thin string of saliva connecting their mouths together.

They were panting, hearts pounding as they tried to regain their breath.

"Nami..." The boy whispered the girls name. To the boy, it felt like honey. To the girl, it felt like a soft tune, a melody.

"Yatashi..." The girl murmured. They didn't know why, it felt so right saying each other's names like that.

Yatashi slowly guided the two to the bed close by, pinning Nami down and leaning in closer.

He moved forward and started to kiss her-

I shot up and slammed the book closed when I heard a ringing sound.

I looked around and saw it came from my lacrima.

I picked it up and answered, "Hello?"

There were soft sniffs on the other side, followed shortly by a voice I hadn't heard in a year say, "Y/N, are you there? I need someone to talk to right now."

Just by listening to the person's voice, you could tell it was a man.

The man's voice was so lovable, so recognisable, so unmistakably his, I just couldn't believe it.

His name left my mouth in a soft whisper, one that thanks to his dragon hearing he managed to catch.

"Natsu..."
___________________________
Words: 1000

Me: Natsu's calling, Y/N. I wonder what he's gonna talk about~ *wiggles eyebrows*

Y/N: *deadpanned* You wrote the story, so you decided it, and you of all people would know the answer.

Me: O-Oh... oh yeah...

BYE!!!

P.S. Reina, Yatashi, and Nami are all my OCs.