ur bound to get wet

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
8:07pm

We are all now sat outside around the wooden table in the garden, basking in the heavy, evening summer heat.
"I still can't believe Michael Jackson is here, having dinner with us!" My Nonna exclaims.
I shake my head and laugh then look across the table at Michael to see him doing the same.
"I feel the same! I can't believe I'm having dinner with the Nonna Smith!" Michael jokes, causing everyone to laugh.
My mom walks towards the table holding a bowl of bread rolls, and places it in the middle. She then sits besides me and smiles at me. "You look gorgeous, sweetheart. I can't believe how much you're growing up." She whispers to me, stroking my straight hair.
"Thank you mom, I get it from you." I say with a jokey wink.
"So can you sing us a song? Dirty Diana?" Nonna shouts across the table.
"Nonna!" I shout, giggling. She's one of those elderly people who don't think before they speak, but it's funny. She's really sweet though.
Michael chuckles and blushes, "Maybe later."
"How did you two become an item then?" My Grandpa asks Michael.
"Well, she auditioned for my tour, as y'all know. And I guess I instantly had an attraction for her. We got talking during rehearsals and bus journeys etcetera, and ending up clicking. So, when the other tour members went home to rest, before the tour starts in a couple weeks, I took Bel on a little tour around New York. Then asked her out at a meal. So yeah, now we're here." Michael says. The story makes my heart flutter, it stills feels like a dream he's with me.
"That's adorable, babe!" My Aunt exclaimed.
"Aww." My Grandpa sighed.
"So happy for you!" My Uncle shouted.
"He's my best friend!" Lexi screamed out.
We all laugh in hysterics.
"Am I?" Michael chuckled.
She nodded excitedly.
"I guess we're best friends then!" Michael said, cutely.
The night went on, as everyone got to know Michael and grew to love him. Who couldn't love him?

Dinner had been taken away and the adults were sat at the table drinking wine or something, while Lexi and my cousins were sat on the grass playing. Michael and I were in the kitchen, then I had a great idea.
"I know!" I shouted, mysteriously.
"What do you know?" Michael scoffed.
I ran off into the cupboard off the family room, and pulled out a big white, dusty box. It had 'WATERGUNS' printed across the top in marker pen, beneath the layer of dust from last summer.
I peeled off the lid and saw 5 big water guns, and a smile appeared on my face. They were full of water, somehow perfectly.
I put one behind my back in hand, and walked slowly back into the kitchen, where Michael was sat with his feet up on the chair. He turned his head to see my smirking, suspiciously.
"What?" He said smiling. His cute southern accent always come out when we says 'what' and it's the best thing ever.
I look around, raising my brows. Michael looks happy but confused.
I whip the water gun into my front and pull the trigger to quickly drench Michael, but no water comes out.
"What!" I shout, disappointed in my surprise.
Michael throws his head back in laughter.
"Glad you find it funny." I sulk, and sit on his lap.
"I...do..." He says, through his extreme laughter. I smile and begin laughing. Ok, it was pretty funny.
He pushes me off him and runs into the cupboard where I got the water guns. I'm focused on fixing mine. I sit on the floor fiddling with the trigger and frowning.
I look up to see Michael with two yellow super soakers, one in each hand.
"Michael" I say, backing up.
He instantly fires them both at me, leaving me sat on the floor drenched in water.
"Michael!" I shout, laughing. My white maxi dress was now completely see through.
"Well, I didn't think about that happening, but it's a bonus." Michael says winking.
I roll my eyes and walk towards the door to go and get changed, but Michael grabs me and pushes me against the wall. Our faces are almost touching.
"Oh, so you were gonna start a war, but now you're giving up because you lost?" He says, playfully.
"I'm not giving up, I'm just-"
"Surrendering? Stepping out?" He butts in.
I look him up and down, "Fine. You want a war? A war you will get, Michael Joseph Jackson."
He bites his bottom lip, his eyes fill with competition and excitement. He leans in to kiss me, but instead he whispers, "it's on."
I laugh and push him away, and go to grab two super soakers. I turn to see Michael has run into the garden, the whole family looking at him like he was crazy. Running with water guns alone.
I charge after him and start to fire the water at him.
"No! Bel! Ahh!" He squeals as he runs away.
"You can run but you can't hide!" I shout.
My family all laugh, and watch us. Lexi and my cousins run inside to get the mini water guns and have their own little war.
Michael falls to the ground, and I stand above him, my legs either side of his body. I point the gun at his face, as his face scrunches up.
His outfit was soaking, and his hair completely wet.
"Admit it, I win." I say, "or I'll shoot you."
"Never!" He shouts as he grabs my leg, pulling my to the ground. I scream as Michael and I begin to roll down the hill on top of each other, taking turns. We both scream and laugh the whole way down.
"Say it!" I shout.
"No!" He responds, laughing.
We then feel water being shot on us, but it isn't either of us. We frown at each other and then look up to see Lexi and my cousins with tiny neon water pistols.
"Ahh!" I shout as I get up and chase after Lexi. Michael runs after us and we all spray each other continuously. Even the adults eventually join in.
This is a night I know I will remember forever. The sun pointlessly dries us as we instantly get wet again. We pounce happily around the garden squealing for hours.