a cartier promise

Times Square, New York
3:06pm

I step into Cartier behind Michael, enticed by the stunning window displays. I've only ever heard about Cartier in the movies, so when I saw it in the street I knew I had to have a look, with no intention of buying anything. My house is worth one single piece of jewellery in here.
Each delicate piece is protected in a glass box, sparkling in the light. The rings and bracelets stand on tiny, white cushions. They even have tiaras in here. The whole shop was pristine and white, making me afraid to touch anything.
I walk up to the side of the small shop to see a beautiful silver ring, with a glistening aqua diamond in the centre. It was practically calling my name. I widen my eyes, my nose pressed against the glass as I fall in love with this ring.
But not the price tag.
$2649.03.
I slowly stroke my fingers down the glass and step away, I don't want to give myself false hope. But I'm not complaining, I am having the time of my life.
Michael's slowly walking around the perimeter of the shop, glancing at everything but nothing catching his eye. He's holding his fingers behind his back, kicking his feet up as he walks. I can tell he is trying to enjoy this shop, purely for me.
I walk over to him and tap his shoulder.
"We can go now, if you want. I just wanted to see it." I said, knowing that's what he really wanted me to say.
"Okay, Bel. This shops beautiful. So intricate and detailed." He says gazing around.
"I know, it's like a dream." I say, truthfully. I felt like I was in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' or something.
"Anything catch you're eye?" He says casually.
"Well, there was one little ring, silver with a blue diamond. But it's all beautiful, really." I say grabbing his hand to leave.
Michael nods his head at the workers, as if to say thank you. They had earlier recognised him and taken photos with him on little, grey cameras.
We trace our way around many more shops, collecting bags of clothes and accessories. Michael even got a little key ring of a tree, I thought it was cute. He said it reminded him of his Giving Tree back at Neverland.

The Empire Hotel, New York
5:23pm

Michael and I are laying on the silky bed, the sheets had changed colour from a pretty blush to a deep red. Someone must have come in and cleaned while we were out.
"New York is fun, but surprisingly tiring." I say with my eyes closed, lying on my back.
"Tell me about it." Michael responds while rolling his eyes, sounding a bit like a sassy 16-year old girl out of the Kat Kon movie.
I smile and stay laying there with my eyes shut. I start drifting asleep, to Michael's sweet touch as he gently strokes my arm with the back of his fingers.

Michael's POV

Soon after Belle falls asleep, I quietly get up. I know she'll be deep asleep as she is so exhausted. She looks so graceful sleeping, she's beautiful.
I sneak out the hotel and hail the limo back to Times Square. If my lady liked a pretty ring, a pretty ring she will get.
The limo stops near Cartier. I swing open the door and step out, my loafers clicking onto the concrete ground. I stride across the sidewalk and up towards the shop, my bodyguards close behind me.
I notice a few fans starting to notice me, and give them signatures and they leave quietly, thank god. I didn't have the time for some sort of riot. I adore my fans with all my heart, but a man needs privacy every now and again. I'm already wearing masks everywhere I go. Maybe I need new masks.
I advance into the shop, the workers look at me quickly. They smile and whisper/yell, "Michael!". They were all wearing matching uniforms, a white wrap dress with a silver shiny name tag. Their hair all tied into slick, low ponytails.
"It's fine you can talk, no one else is in here." I chuckle. This shop was tiny and so exclusive, their prices were pretty high so I guess that's why.
I walk up to the glossy, off-white counter and put my hands on the edge of it.
"Do you guys have a small silver ring?" I say.
They throw their heads back in laughter.
I furrow my brows in confusion and look back at them, expecting an answer. What kind of service was this?
"Well?" I nudge on, my brows raised.
One of the workers, a tall brunette girl, stops laughing and looks at me, is someone going to finally speak to me?
"You're going to have to be a teeny bit more specific." She finally says, with a sarcastic hand symbol. She gestures for me to look behind me.
I glance behind me to see a wall completely covered in silver rings. They all look identical to me, but all striking and appealing.
"Oh." I say looking down at my hands, incredibly embarrassed. "It had a blue diamond in the centre?" I swear to God if they start laughing again I'm going to loose it.
"Ooh!" I hear from the girl at the back. She emerges through the workers to the counter, her blonde wavy hair falling over her face. Her eyes glowing green, her skin porcelain clear.
"I know the one. Everyone's been raving about it recently, come." She says, walking around the counter and to the back of the shop.
She unlocks the glass cabinet and picks up a minuscule white cushion, with a ring delicately balancing on top. She displays it on the palm of her perfectly-manicured hand.
I drop my eyes onto the ring and all it's glory, "That's definitely the one." I say, not taking my eyes off it. If any ring looking like something Belle would love, it's this. I have a gut feeling.
She nods and takes it to the counter and begins gift wrapping it beautifully. It's really a talent how gracefully her hands move with the ribbon and tissue paper. The ring is put in a box, in a paper, in a bag, with more paper on top, and a ribbon tying the bag shut. The bag read, 'Cartier, where dreams come true.'
"That'll be £2649.03, please." She smiles sweetly.
I gulp and swipe my card. You can't put a price on love. Luckily for me, if it did have a price, I could pay it with ease.
I exit the shop with the bag and practically get mobbed by paparazzi. Cameras flash violently and their shouted words blur into one ugly sound. They chase me to the limo, not taking their eyes off me and their cameras.
I quickly hop in the limo, Benjamin and Simon behind me, as we shoot off down the streets of New York. Phew.

The Empire Hotel, New York
6:20pm

Belle's POV

I'd been watching TV sat in bed for around 20 minutes now, still clueless as to where Michael went. When I woke up, he was gone. I know he won't have gone far, but he certainly wasn't in the penthouse suite.
I flick channels in boredom, to see the news live broadcast. I hate tabloids and all their trash, but there was nothing else on.
I quickly realise their topic of choice is Michael, I quickly turn it up. How could they possibly have anything new and negative to say about a man that's simply been cycling round NYC with his girlfriend for days?
It shows a short clip of Michael exiting Cartier with a small white bag. He's being completely violated and mobbed by the paparazzi, but he manages to escape in the limo.
"A Cartier bag? Maybe we were unaware of how far his relationship with his new girlfriend come. Are they getting married? We don't know, but we will be the first to tell you." A new reporter states, pictures of Michael and I float around the screen. Us in a restaurant, us cycling round Central Park, us getting in the limo. They're everywhere.
So that's where Michael must be. But why did he sneak off when I was asleep to go to a jewellery shop? And why did the paparazzi know about it before me? Is he going to propose to me after just says of dating?
I wouldn't be surprised, Michael sometimes doesn't think rationally when he's excited about something.
My head fills with questions, when I hear the door creak open. The doors slowly pushed open, Michael probably trying not to wake me. Little does he know, I've been worried for a while now.
He peeks his head round the door, and his eyes widen as he gasps.
"Michael! What is going on?" I say laughing, but frowning.
He doesn't reply, still stood behind the half-opened door.
"Well?" I say impatiently.
He pushes the door open and walks up to me with the infamous, beautiful Cartier bag in both his hands in front of his body. An adorable smile appears on his lips.
I blush, and he keeps eye contact with me the whole walk from the door to the bed.
He sits beside me, causing the bed to sink in a bit.
"For you, my love." He says passing me the little bag.
"Michael..." I say, in a 'what have you done?' tone.
He winks at me and crosses his legs up on the bed, excitedly.
I unravel the red ribbon and peek inside. It feels like Christmas.
I see a small red box.
I open the box to see the silver ring I fell in love with earlier. It's sitting delicately on the red felt, shinier than ever.
I pant, my breath staggered. "Oh my...Michael...are you...".
"I love you so much." He says kissing me passionately on the lips, then leaning against my side.
Michael takes the ring and slips it onto my index finger.
"It's a promise ring. I promise to love you and never stop, Belle Smith." He says, gazing into my now watering eyes.
I feel like bursting out into tears and hugging Michael forever.
In fact, that's exactly what I do. I can't help it.
He hugs me and kisses my neck.
"I promise." I respond.
He takes my hand and plants a kiss on the ring, my whole arm gets goosebumps.
This man is too much for me. I am completely in love with him, inside out.