weirdo

Melbourne, Australia
Ben and Caitlin's mansion
7:36pm

Belle's POV

"Take a seat, babes!" Caitlin pulls a grand, wooden chair out from under the slick, glossy table for me.
"Thank you." I smile sweetly at her and take a seat, pulling the heavy chair in.
"What's for dinner?" Simon chirps from the table, a glass of champagne placed loosely in his hand, he's settling in just fine.
"I know right!" Caitlin responds, her heels clicking as she strides over to dim the chandelier's golden glow.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"We'll just have to wait to see what they made, won't we?" She strolls back, hands clasped together.
"Who?" I mouth to Michael sat opposite me on the table. He shrugs and raises his eyebrows with a smirk. I shake my head.

Moments of small talk and alcholic beverages later, three cooks walk in. White aprons, hats and all, they lay a silver dome infront of each of us, after laying a napkin across our laps. They pull off the lid to reveal a steaming roast, just like on Christmas day.
"This looks scrumptious!" Caitlin squeals. She wasn't lying. An array of golden roast potatoes, moist chicken breasts, small pigs in blankets and yorkshire puddings cushioning the dark vegetables are laid in front of my eyes. This is hotel level food.
"Dig in, everyone." Ben says calmly while the cooks scurry out of the room.

"So, Belle what do you do?" Caitlin questions while cutting her potatoes with her pastel green manicured nails.
"I am a dancer and back-up vocalist on the tour." I respond, popping a cooked carrot in my mouth.
"You work for you're fiancé?" She chuckles.
"Yes." I mutter awkwardly, "How about you?"
"Me? Don't worry about me, you're the guests!" She pompously wiggles her shoulders in a sort of 'dance'.
"Okay, sorry." I say.
"So you all work together, then?" She asks us all.
"Yup." We all smile at each other simultaneously.
"Isn't that cute! How's Ben at his job, Michael?" She succeeds to keep grasp of the centre of attention.
"He's great, aren't you Ben?" Michael winks at Ben and laughs.
"Hey, watch it Mike." Ben giggles loudly , which Caitlin doesn't seem to like for some reason.
"Okay, I'm glad." She says with a straight face, looking straight down at her meal.

Michael and I exchange looks, yet again. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but she seems to have a layer of superiority in her mind, making us all feel slightly awkward.

1 hour later . . .

"I was not expecting that." Michael scoffs lightly, shutting our bedroom door behind him. Everyone has now left the table and gone to their rooms to 'rest' after dinner, which I didn't know was neccessary.
"Neither. It was good though, the food." I add.
"Yeah, the food was great." Michael says. We are thinking the same thing. "So, is it time yet?"
"Michael..." I smile and fall back onto the bed, looking up at the blush lace around the frame of the posters.
"We can lock our bedroom door!" Michael exclaims, I hear a small sound of metal clickling. He's really not joking.
"Ok, fine." I give in.

I'm desperate to see what Caitlin is hiding. It might not even have anything to do with her suspicious wealth or anything else, but it's a step closer.

"Yes! Let's go." Michael bends over as he walks, his hands infront of him as he hums 'Mission Impossible's theme tune.
"You're such a weirdo, babe." I throw my head back with laughter.

What have I got myself into?