fiancé

Belle's POV

Tears rush down my cheeks as my hands instantly cover my mouth in shock. Michael is looking up at me with such admiration and confidence, as he holds himself together. His large eyes stare right into my collapsing soul.
I can't believe this is happening. My first proper boyfriend is proposing to me, and I'm completely in love with him. I couldn't ask for a better person than Michael, no doubts cross my mind. I feel like I'm stepping out of my body and watching this happen from another perspective, it's so surreal and unexpected. I've always pictured this moment in my head, and it's actually happening. He is on one knee. Right now.
I snap back into reality for a second. "Yes! Yes!" I exclaim through my muffling hands, my brows creasing. Michael takes my trembling, tear-covered left hand from my face and gently slides on the small ring.
It is a gorgeous ring, silver with a clear diamond with an aqua tint. I admire the ring through my blurry eyes as Michael kisses the ring on my finger. As Michael stands up, I quickly wrap my arms around his neck, tears still covering my face. I hug him so tight, my world in my hands. I feel him slightly trembling, I can't imagine how nervous he was.
"I love you, Bel." He whispers to my ear.
"I love you so much." I say between sniffles.
The thoughts of our future begin to fill my head as I realise this is a reality. I am spending my life with this man.
"I have you're bil...Did you guys just get engaged?" The waiter shouted with shock, causing the entire restaurant to silence.
I wipe my tears and pull away from Michael, waving my finger to flash the ring. I grin as a wave of emotions flow through my body.
"Congrats!" He shouts with his hands in his hair. He seems almost as happy as I am.
"Thank you." Michael and I say in union, smiling at each other admiringly.

2 Hours Later

"I hate that name!" Michael exclaims with a scrunched nose.
"Why it's cute!" I giggle as I flop back onto the velvety couch.
"Ziggy? No it's not, babe. That's a David Bowie album, not a child name." He scoffs while pouring a couple of glasses of champagne. I chuckle at his joke while I admire the beautiful hotel room we are in.
"Alright, Alright. Well, we don't have to worry about it now, at least." I sigh, twiddling with the shining ring on my finger. It felt so weird to be wearing an engagement ring.
"It's not worrying, it's a good thing. I'm excited to start a future with you." He walks over and places two flutes glasses on the glass table, before slouching right beside me.
"Well I think tonight is a good start. Let's not rush." I kick my legs up onto his lap and look into his eyes.
He groans with impatience as he kisses my lips.
"Fiancée." He whispers.
"Ooh, I love that." I blush.
"What about Bea?" He says suddenly.
"Michael, I'm not even pregnant!" I burst out with laughter at his excitement. It's adorable.
"Fine, fine. I'll forget it. For now." He winks at me while playing with my curly hair.
"When shall we tell our family?" I glance at him. He's staring out of the window in front of us, a gentle smile on his lips.
He sighs, "Let's tell yours now. Mine can wait."
"Are you sure?" I crease my brows softly at him.
"Sure, now get the phone." He giggles while playfully pushing me up from the couch.
"Okay." I elongate the world as I happily stroll into the kitchen to get the hotel phone.

10 Minutes Later

"Belle, baby! How are you? How's Michael?" My mom instantly questions as she picks up the phone. Michael grins at me with a silent chuckle, as I hold the phone between us.
"Hey mom, I'm good. We're good. We actually have some news." I smile uncontrollably, along with Michael. It still doesn't feel real whatsoever, I'm over the moon.
"What is it, baby?" She sounds confused.
We wait for a second, Michael and I grinning at each other before exclaiming the news. "We're engaged!" We shout in synchronisation.
"What! Is this a prank?" My mom screams down the phone. I can already picture the smile of pure joy plastered across her face.
"No, he proposed earlier tonight." I try to hold on my pure excitement while saying that sentence. Michael has his arm firmly around my waist as he blushes with embarrassment.
"Hi, Charlotte." Michael says shyly between chuckles.
"Michael, baby! You're really engaged? I'm so happy for you two! Tell me all the details." She gushes over the phone.
We explain how it all happened to my mom on the phone, and told Lexi, after explaining what engagement was. My family were ecstatic for me and it made me even more excited than I was before. I can't wait.