the getaway car

Melbourne, Australia
Ben and Caitlin's mansion
Later that evening

Michael's POV

As Belle and I stand beside the kitchen sink in shock, we struggle to put together a string of words. I see Belle's eyes swith through confusion to humour, shock to helplessness.
"What do we do?" Belle finally whispered, grasping my upper arm firmly.
"Leave her?" I shrug with a smirk.
"We can't just leave her, Michael! No one even knows she's down there, wherever that is." Belle frowns, looking concerned. I look back at her, racking my mind for a compromise.
"Okay, let's go." Belle interrupts my train of though making me take a sharp breath.
"Really?" A massive grin paints across my face, surprised Belle agreed to my spontaneous plan.
"Come on! We don't want to wait around at the scene!" Belle dashes out of the bathroom and frantically starts throwing her clothes into her suitcase on the bed.
"I love you!" I shout, laughing through my words. No one else would agree to this, but Belle. No matter how distressed she may appear. I begin to pack my stuff away too, my mind rushing as to where we are even going to go.
"Where are we even going to go? Ben is our driver and we can't tell him. What would we even say? 'You're wife has dissapeared down a mysterious hole in your somehow mansion, please drive us home?'" Belle speaks my mind, making me laugh.
"I don't know." I mutter, shaking my head as I chuckle.
"Helpful, Mike." She laughs, zipping shut her brown, leather case.
"We can order another driver. We can go anywhere. Paris, Milan, London, New York..." I let my imagination run wild. All I want to do right now is get away with Belle and cut loose. I think that's what we both need as we haven't really done it since London.
"Is this really happening? Do we tell Ben about Caitlin?" Belle makes eye contact with me, tucking her tousled hair behind her ear and putting her hands on her hips.
"I'm down if you are." I walk over to her side of the bed and take her small hands in mine. "Let's go."
She cocks her head the side, making me pray she is thinking 'yes'. I see a smirk come over her glowing face, as her eyes begin to glisten with adventure. "Yes!" I cheer, throwing my hands above my head in glee and planting a kiss on my beautiful fiancé's head.
"If we're going, lets go now." She grabs her suitcase and sprints out of the bedroom door, her shoes clicking quickly on the ground. I laugh and speedily follow behind her, suitcase in hand.

Three hours later
Michael's POV

"Would you like any snacks or drinks, Mr and Mrs Jackson?" The flight attendant smiles politley down at us, his perfectly manicured hands grasping the his cart.
"I'm good thanks." I reply, kicking back my seat and beginning to attempt to relax and accept the present situation.
"No, I'm okay thanks." Belle says sweetly, as the flight attendant scoots away swiftly.
"Mrs Jackson, huh?" I raise my eyebrows at her with a mischevious smile.
"She said it, not me." She says before sipping her straw, an iced watermelon sherbet full of real fruits.
"Love you." I giggle, watching her, just be.
"Love you too, Michael." She winks sarcastically. I love how awkward she gets, because I'm the exact same.

Hours later

"How long have we got?" Belle mutters, pulling her satin eye mask off her face, her eyes squinting at the sudden light.
Her voice sounded foreign after being used to the chugging yet fluent sound of my jet soaring through the clouds.
"About 10 hours, baby." I chuckle.
"But it was ten hours like two hours ago!" She groans, smiling as she falls back into her seat and pulls the wool blanket over her.
"Well, evidently not." I joke, tugging on her blanket.
"Hey, I'm cold!" She gasps.
"So am I! Where's my blanket?" I say, my hands in the air and dramatically search around me.
"Shut up, you can have mine." She giggles, throwing the blanket over my head.
"Come here, we'll share it." I say as she sits on my lap and snuggles into my chest, pulling the blanket over us. She covers her eyes back up with the eye mask and leans her head on my shoulder.
"Night." I kiss the top of her hair, it's fruity fragrance making me smile.
"Goodnight." She says holding my hand as she falls asleep.
I smile down at her before looking up at the monitor. We are now approximatley 9 hours and 39 minutes away from Paris, the city of love.