prince charming

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
6:53m

Michael, Lex, my mom and I just arrived home from the park just seconds down the road from my house. It's such a magical feeling seeing the one you love most, get along with all you're other loved ones. I feel Michael is already a part of our family and he hasn't even been here more than a day, or met the other half of my family. He's doing so well, it must be pretty intimidating. But I'm sure I'll have to go through the same with his whopper of a family.
"Remember tonight we are hosting the family dinner!" My mom shouts as she walks straight through to the kitchen, holding Lexi's tiny hand. Me and Michael stumble through the front door laughing, our shoes covered in mud from the park.
"Yeah mom!" I shout, and I look down at the muddy footprints we all left.
"Sorry about your shoes" I say to Michael, holing back a giggle.
He laughs and takes them off, with a disgusted look on his face. "I'm sorry about you're trousers!" He responds. I look down to see my leggings with brown dirt flicked up the sides. I didn't mind at all, I was having too much fun.
We begin to wipe the wooden floor with damp towels, the mud erases easily, thankfully.
"Who's coming for family dinner?" Michael says, out of the blue.
I look up at him, "I think everyone. So my Nonna and grandpa, cousins and aunt, uncle etc." Michael's hair is messy and his outfit looks worn, he looks perfect. I'm so elated that he's in my life, he has truly made me the happiest girl alive. He's like my Prince Charming from some fairytale, that's how lucky I feel.
"Is there a lot of them?" He says nervously, nodding.
"Maybe 6?" I say.
"Oh! That's nothing." He says relieved.
I frown, confused. It's not small to me.
"Well I have 8 siblings." He says, casually.
I giggle and carry on scrubbing the wood.
————
"Michael, would you mind putting the plates out?" My mom says, politely.
"No problemo", Michael responds. I can tell he's comfortable around my mom and sister now, he's being his weird little self.
He walks outside towards me. I have laid out the wooden table on the patio, so it now fits 10 people. It pulls out and expands. Each place has a wooden seat with a different coloured cushion.
The summers evening feels amazing. It creates such a happy, excited feeling inside me and makes want to dance around the grassy garden with happiness. My life is just so perfect right now.
Michael comes over and kisses the top of my head, while balancing 6 plates in his hand.
"I'll help" I say, taking 4 off the pile and beginning to set them down next to the glasses I put out. Lexi runs out with napkins in her hand and starts to put one at each place. They're all different bright, vibrant shades; yellow, blue, orange, green...
My mom walks out the back door and steps down onto the stones. She puts her hand up to her brows to black the light and squints at the table, one hand on her hip. "That looks beautiful! Doesn't it? Good job everyone." She praises.
The light shines onto the glasses, making them sparkle. It truly does look beautiful.
We all smile and head inside to get ready.
"They'll be here in 20." Mom shouts.
Michael, Lexi and I run up the stairs to prepare, and Michael starts to playfully grab my ankles from behind as I go upstairs.
"No! I'm gonna fall!" I say in hysterics.
When I get to the top, I turn to face him and sit on the top step. He's beaming at me, his curls all over his sweet face.
I can't be mad at him. I simply can't. He could kill someone and I'd say thank you.
"You didn't fall!" He says laughing and raising his eyebrows, in response to my fake glare.
"Lucky for you." I mumble, smiling.
He places his finger under my chin and pulls my head gently up to level with his. He leans in to kiss me, but when he gets so close we are almost touching, he stops and whispers, "but you fell for me", with a comical wink.
I throw my head back in laughter and push him away. I walk into my bedroom and sit on the end of my bed so I can see in my full length mirror on the wall.
Michael slowly walks in behind me and sits behind me. He puts his long legs around me and hugs me from behind, his head on my shoulder. He looks in the mirror at me, I'm doing my hair. "I'm so lucky." He whispers in my ear.
I blush and turn my head. I kiss him softly on his lips, and it somehow turns into a passionate make out session.
Minutes later, I continue getting ready and so does Michael.
———
Michael walks in wearing a red button up shirt with some black skinny jeans, and new loafers. His hair is tied in a low ponytail behind him, with the iconic curls falling round his face. He spins 360, "What d'ya think?" He says.
I get up from the bed, and say "You look incredible, as always. In fact, you look sexy." I say, giving him a wink.
"Why thank you baby." He blushes. He comes and sits on the bed and sits beside me. I apply some rosy lip gloss and then I'm ready. I've straightened my hair, and done some shimmery but subtle makeup. I'm wearing a strapless loose, flowing white maxi dress.
"You're breathtaking." He says, in awe, his eyes wide.
"I love you." I say genuinely.
"I love you more." He says.
We stand up next to each other and look in the long mirror. I feel so small next to him, but I love it. I feel safe and loved with him. He puts his arm around my waist, "We look like the perfect couple, Don't we?" He says, slightly joking, slightly not.
I laugh and nod.
————
Moments later, my family begin to file in the front door. They're all wearing summery attire, and big smiles on their face. I haven't seen them since I auditioned for Michael's tour so they will probably ask my how it went, not knowing we are dating and he's here.
Michael and I walk down the stairs holding hands, everyone's already huddled in the front room.
They all look up and gasp.
"Belle you look amazing, honey!" My Aunt Sarah squeals and runs to hug me. She smells so strong of a delightful floral perfume.
"Michael Jackson?" My grandparents exclaim in unison.
He laughs and looks at the floor, I can tell he doesn't know what to say.
"Everyone, this is Michael. We're dating now, we have been for a couple weeks now." I say loudly. I had to get it over with.
"You're dating Michael Jackson?" My Nonna shouts.
Me and Michael laugh and nod.
"I love you Michael!" Nonna shouts hugging him tightly. She's always been a fan, since the Jackson 5. She saw them live once in the 70s.
"Aw I love you too! It's nice to meet you all." Michael says, waving his hands and smiling sweetly.
Everyone chats for a while, asking me and Michael questions and generally catching up. This is going to be an eventful night, I can feel it.