poppin' champagne

Michael's POV

I gradually wake up, my mind remembering all of last night. I turn over in the silky sheets to see, no Michael. I open my eyes and frown in confusion, sitting up.
A sweet waft of bacon and eggs whooshes towards me, as I inhale and smile.
I turn to see Michael walking in wearing a red, silky robe. He has two plates in his hands.
"Good you're up!" He smiles as he acknowledges me.
I'm still half asleep, so I just flop back on the bed and smile at him, stretching my arms out.
He places a plate down beside me and looks at me like a proud young boy would be, showing his mom a drawing.
I look at the plate. It's piled up with bacon, eggs, hash browns, grilled tomatoes and sausages.
I gasp, "Michael, this looks amazing."
He smiles at me, his eyes filled with glee. He kisses me on the forehead,
"Breakfast with my girlfriend." He says in a deep, dreamy voice.
He sets down his plate and joins me on bed to eat. He sits cross-legged on the end of the bed, gazing at me as we eat.

We're now ready for the day, and heading out for whatever fun plans Michael has made. My hair's in a messy bun, and I have very sheer, natural makeup on. I'm wearing a new pair of shorts I got yesterday, they're a sweet blush colour and a pretty flowy material, along with a white lacy crop top and sandals.
I walk out the doors, Michael's already waiting as he was ready before me.
"Looking gorgeous." He says to me, looking me up and down.
I blush, "You're too good to me."
He walks up to me, so ours bodies are touching, "No one can be too good to you. You deserve all the good in the world, girl."
I instantly hug him. I had the sudden urge to. This perfect man is mine, and I've never been happier.
He wraps his arms around me and kisses me neck with his sweet lips.
"I love you." He whispers, his voice so pure and gentle.
"I love you too." I respond, kissing his cheek, holding his head in my dainty hands.
We lace our fingers together and make our way out the entrance of the hotel.
The summer air was full of excitement and energy. New York really makes you feel like there's no limits, endless possibilities. People come here to be free and follow their dreams, making it full of happiness and dedication.
Michaels curls gently flow round his face from under his black fedora, as we walk into the limo waiting for us in the lay-by.

We pull up at a huge, beautiful grassy area. It's oozing with vibrant shades of green and orange, the golden trees reaching up to the sky. The park is outlined with iconic New York buildings, and towering workspaces. It's like a border between business and pleasure. It's seeping with people, each in their own worlds. People laying on the ground listening to music with headphones. People playing ball games with their friends and family, laughing and tackling each other to the ground. People cycling around the greenery, on multi coloured bicycles. It was truly heartwarming to see so many smiles in one piece of gorgeous land.
We step out the limo after putting on our masks and Michael quickly goes back to the trunk and pulls out a huge wicker hamper. He holds it by the handles in his left arm, put holds my waist with his right.
"Welcome to Central Park!" He exclaims, happily.
I love seeing Michael happy. It genuinely makes me instantly feel the same way. His smile is contagious.
"It's stunning." I say in absolute awe.
We make our way to a quiet spot, under the shade of a dark forest green tree, with a golden lining of the sun beams reaching out ahead of us.
Michael places down the hamper and opens the little doors on top. He pulls out a red and white checkered blanket and throws it up into the air, still holding two corners so it gently glides back down to the grass in a perfect, flat square.
He then pulls out a big empty plate and lays it onto the blanket.
What else has this man got up his sleeve?
He takes out an array of beautifully sliced sandwiches, a bowl of fruit salad, a few bags of chips, a couple of small baguettes, a bunch of green grapes and a couple of wine glasses.
I giggle as this basket seems to be never ending.
"Michael, you didn't have to do all this!" I gasp.
"I wanted to! I want to spend quality time with you, and I thought you'd like it." He says, panning his eyes around all the treats he'd layer out round the blanket. He looks back up at me with his hypnotising, chocolate eyes and smiles.
I beam at him, "Thank you so so much. I love it." I state nothing but the truth.
He excitedly pats the blanket beside him, signally me to come sit by him. I step over all the food, and crouch down beside him, planting a kiss on the top of his head.
When I sit, he wraps his long arms around my body as I rest my head on his shoulder, still admiring this pleasing scenery.
"Well, what are we waiting for?" He says enthusiastically as he reaches for the grapes and pops one in his mouth.
I squeal with pure joy and grab a baguette.

We spent about an hour snacking on the picnic foods, gazing into each other's eyes, and laughing at people falling over in the park, then decided to move on.
We were now paying at a small, rustic counter for bike hire. We get given our helmets, mine is red and Michael's is pink.
We step over to the bikes and pick a couple out to borrow for a couple of hours.
I take out my bun, and let my curls fall loose. As I strap on my shiny helmet, I turn to see Michael holding his helmet in one hand, and fedora in the other with a muddled expression. I could tell he was confused what to do with his other hat.
I walk over to him and take the fedora out his hand and put it in the basket on the front of the bike, gasping sarcastically.
He shakes his head and laughs in a shy manner, "Didn't think of that." He says, clipping his helmet under his cute chin.
We both embark on our bicycle journey around Central Park. We glide down the magnificent, wide pathway beside the park. The path was lined with golden trees, the ground coated in fallen leaves.
It literally looked like a postcard.
Eventually I stop for a breath, cycling is hard work.
"Going too fast for you?" Michael says as he turns round to see I've stopped, he winks at me cockily.
I roll my eyes and laugh, "You have longer legs than me!"
He scoots back on his bike with his feet until he's align with me.
"Excuses, babe." He says, looking me up and down in fake disgust.
I shove him, making him wobble on his stationary bike.
He finds his balance, "Ok, I deserved that." He admits in defeat, his hands up.
"Do you have a drink?" I say, realising how parched I was.
"I only have champagne" He says throwing his head black in laughter.
I smirk, "That'll do."
He turns his torso around and waves his arms about dramatically. A couple of men cycle towards us and stop, "Yes, Mike?" One of them says.
"Can we have the champagne please, guys?" He says, politely.
He looks at me, and my face is full of confusion.
Who are these people?
"Oh! I never introduced you!" Michael says. No you didn't, Mike.
"This is Benjamin, and this is Simon. They works for me, but we're also good friends." He says.
"Hey Belle." They say, synchronised.
"And they know my name!" I joke, "Hi guys", I say smiling at them.
"Well I'm glad to finally meet you, after hearing about you non-stop." Benjamin says rolling his eyes, chuckling.
I frown slightly and look at Michael, he's blushing profusely.
"Anyway! The champagne?" Michael says, swiftly changing topic.
The four of us share champagne and talk for a while, as we left our bikes on the side while we sat on the edge of the path by the grass. The guys seem so funny and nice, I see why Michael's gets along with them.
Time flies by and we laugh and chat for hours, cycle around, eat hot dogs from carts and play frisbee in the park.
This day is going perfect.