morning michael

I wake up to a knock on my hotel room door. I turn over in bed, to look at the big, red clock on the wall. It read, 5:46am. Unwillingly, I throw myself out of bed to walk to the door, feeling like a zombie. Wondering who would need me at this time, I rub my eyes and grab the door handle, pulling it towards me. Michael was stood there, fully dressed and ready for the day.
My heart flutters, for some reason.
"Hello?" I said, with a croaky morning voice.
"Morning sunshine!" Michael said sarcastically, with a huge, fake smile giving me a thumbs up. How he had this much energy, I have no clue.
"And why are you knocking on my door so early?" I say smiling, half asleep.
"I've knocked on everyone's doors, just letting you know breakfast is in a half hour, so go get ready." He says.
"Okay I'll get ready then." I respond.
He looks down at my pajama shirt and smiles, trying to hold back a laugh.
I look down at my shirt, forgetting what was on it. It was a picture of a barbie, with a speech bubble saying 'Don't let the bed bugs bite!'. Oh no.
I've had this since I was 9, and it still fits now I'm 19, because I'm only 5"2.
I widen my eyes and look at him smiling.
"Oh shut up, you like Peter Pan", I say as a lousy comeback, "I have to go get ready, ok?" I laugh.
"Ok, barbie", Michael says as he walks away after giving me a playful over-exaggerated wink.
I shut the door and can't help but smile as I walk into the bathroom.
I hop in the shower and wash with the hotels fancy citrus body wash, it smells heavenly.
I wrap a towel around my body and walk to the mirror over the sink. I rub off the condensation, as I begin to brush my hair and teeth, then apply some concealer, mascara and lipgloss.
I slip on some black leggings and a white long sleeve tee, my wet hair making my T-shirt go patchy.
I spritz on some floral 'Go-Go's' perfume and slide on my white Reebok shoes to go down to breakfast.
I walk down the corridor to the elevator, a bounce in my walk, and push the button. While I was waiting for the doors to open, Hannah comes over and stands next to me. It creates an awkward silence so I decide to start a conversation.
"Hey Hannah, I love your shoes" I say, they were pink trainers with gold shoelaces.
"Thanks, what was your name again?" Questions Hannah. That's awkward.
"I'm Belle", I say smiling, "Are you a dancer or singer then?"
"I actually am good at both. I'm grade 9 singing and a pro-dancer. I can also act and speak 4 languages but for the tour, I'm a dancer." She brags.
"That's so interesting!" I say, trying to not sound too fake.
"Yeah. You?" She says, with disgust.
"Um, I dance. But I also sing too, like you." I say trying to make her realise I'm not intimidated by her.
She smiles sarcastically, sighing at me.
The lift opens finally, and Michael is stood in there on his own.
"Ah! There you guys are. Come on, you have to be quick if you want breakfast." He says smiling.
He was wearing black skinny jeans again, this time with a red sweater on. He looked so good in red.
"Sorry" I say, walking in the elevator. Hannah follows me in.
"Hey Michael! You look really good today" Hannah said desperately, "Like really good." She looked him up and down and bit her lower lip.
I was embarrassed for her.
"Haha, thanks Hannah, you too", Michael said awkwardly. He widened his eyes at me and smiled as if to say 'What the fuck?'. I chuckle and look at the floor.
There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, so I tried to save it.
"So Michael, what's the plans for today?" I say.
"Yeah Michael! The plans for today?" Hannah repeats while smiling at Michael, her face so close to his.
He steps back and blushes shyly, "Uhh, so we are having breakfast then we will take the mini bus to-"
"Sounds great Mike" Hanna interrupts.
"Will you let him speak?" I mutter under my breath. She instantly death stares me.
The lift opens and we all walk out and into the restaurant area. Hannah walks in front and Michael and I walk behind her.
He looks at me, and I look at him. We both burst into laughter about Hannah's desperation and weird behaviour towards Michael.

- 45 MINS LATER -

We'd now finished breakfast and were boarding the not-so-mini bus. I had a delicious pile of pancakes and syrup with orange juice for breakfast, and I was so full and happy to sit down in my seat.
I close my eyes, and then feel someone sit next to me. I open my eyes to look, and of course, Michael was sat there.
Before I had the chance to ask why, Michael said "Well, I sat here before and it was more fun than sitting alone. Fancy some company?", He asked rhetorically, because I knew he'd stay even if I said no.
"Sure Michael", I say blushing.
"You know, you look cute when you're embarrassed." He said.
I can't believe he just said that, he's never made a move on me. Not that I've noticed, anyway.
"How do you know I'm embarrassed?" I say, smiling through my words.
"You go red and you always look to the floor." He says all-knowingly.
I blush and look to the floor, then realise I just did exactly what he said I do.
"Oh yeah", I chuckle.
"It's cute", He responds, gazing at me.
I scrunch my nose at him.
"It is!" He exclaims.
We both chuckle and carry on speaking for the rest of the journey.