Chapter 35- Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 35 - Thinking Out Loud

Kim's POV

I groggy walk down the stairs one morning, still trying to decide if getting out of bed was a good idea. Damn Asher, he woke me up around six with all his ruckus and noise, leaving early in the morning so my parents wouldn't notice that he stayed over the night. I don't know why he worries about it now, it's not like my mom cared. Maybe it was because in the back of his head he knew things were different. I guess I just figured things would go back to the way they were before.

Christmas had gone by fast, and so did the party, and in a few days it would be New Years. We didn't do anything special for New Years, after dealing with Christmas just so soon ago we just threw a normal party at the house and ordered lots of Chinese food. Before food even came Asher and I would already head out to go to a different party.

"Your father and I need to talk to you." Mom explained leaning against the kitchen counter.

I slowly took a seat on a stool on the other side watching my mother with careful eyes, "Well what is it?" Nervous about what they wanted to talk about. Did we Asher and I get caught? Did my mom see my Louboutins in the closet? Damn! I knew I should have hid them better-

"Well we we're thinking. Every year we do the same thing after Christmas." My mother starts off.

"Yeah, sit in front of the TV all day eating left over desserts and napping." I explain further. She giggles, nodding her head and continues.

"Well yes. So that's why your father and I decided that instead of that we should go visit New York. Go out to parties or events, ice skate in Madison Garden, and watch the ball drop while celebrities stand on that huge platform talking to Ryan Secrest! Don't you think that'll be fun!"

I grimace give her my 'I don't care much' look. Truth is-that she didn't know- the first year when Asher and I got our license we snuck over the NY boarder and did all that New Year's stuff with some other friends. It was a great time, we all loved it, but doing that with my parents wouldn't be the same.

Plus, my mother staying out past eight o'clock at night to watch a disco ball slide down a pole a few feet in the negative degree weather- that's like spotting Bigfoot in the woods. Or pretty much any sighting of Bigfoot.

"Aw come on, don't give me that look. I know you want to come- or no that's not it, you want to invite your friends too, huh? Well you can bring Katie and Asher along if they'd like." Mom settles.

"It's not that mom, it's just, it's not me. New York, New Years Eve, crowds of people, ehh." I said balancing my waving hands, "I pass, I rather stay home."

"What?! Kimberly Ann, is there something wrong with you? Parties, 'not my thing' please." Mom says, waving a dismissing hand at me, "George, are you hearing this?" She shouts from the kitchen to the living room.

"I'm hearing, she's old enough to choose what she wants. If she wants to stay home and miss all the fun, then sucks to be her." My dad says, voicing in his opinion loudly enough to hear it.

"OK, OK then stay home if you want. I think you're responsible enough, but you know the rules: no throwing parties, no doing stupid things, no drinking, no sex-"

"OK, yeah, I know, thanks mom. Got that cleared out a long time ago." I say, interrupting her quickly.

"Just so we're clear on that." My mother warned again, wagging a finger at me.