Chapter 8- Awkward Movie Time

Kim's POV

I'm bummed that I got Asher into trouble. The minute he got home, Ash told me that the school had called his mom during work, telling her about the fight. She grounded him for two weeks, only allowing him to go out if it was school related. So, in other words, I'm watching movies alone at night, with no one but Katie to text or call, all in a very quiet environment. OK, the last one might not be that much of a problem, quiet is nice, but bottom line I'm missing Asher.

I was in the kitchen popping some popcorn for a movie I'm going to watch. I think this is the first movie that I'm ever going to watch alone- or without Asher at least, for a very long time. I put the popcorn in a large bowl, walking to the living room. I didn't expect it, but when I walked into the living room I screamed, because someone was standing in the middle of the dark room waiting for me. So scream on the top of my lungs, and frightened for my life, I threw the popcorn bowl when the person came near me.

"Ahh! No! Get out - ASHER!?" I screamed, realizing the familiar laughter.

He laughed hysterically, grabbing me around the waist. "Hey babe." That is not funny! I just experienced a heart attack no joke.

"What the hell, Ash, that wasn't funny! And you made me spill my popcorn!" I yelled at him, smacking his chest.

"Aww, come on, you got to admit that that was a perfect scream attack moment. That should have been filmed for a horror movie!" He tells me, "And correction you threw the popcorn at me."

I had to remind myself I couldn't smile or laugh, so I resulted into biting the inside of my lip to stop myself. "What are you doing here anyways? You're grounded, remember?" He took a step towards me, crushing popcorn with his shoes. We both looked down as he started to chuckle again. "You're picking that all up," I mentioned. Though this mess is completely my fault.

"Fuck no," he cursed, shaking his head.

"Truckers mouth!" I accused and reminded from our earlier conversation in the courtyard, "I swear, for every time you cuss, if I had a dollar, or even a quarter, I'd make at least a hundred dollars a day." I tell him as I put another bag of popcorn in the microwave to pop.

"Oh really?" Ash doubted, raising his eyebrows at me, "I'm not that bad." He thinks wrongly.

"Oh yes it is." I disagree, "It's not attractive. How you can get so many girls is beyond my knowledge." I tell him honestly, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose as I lean back against the counter with crossed arms watching him.

"Because sometimes I don't even have to talk, I just have to do and turn girls on." Asher informs wiggling his eyebrows playfully. He took another step forward until he was standing directly inches away from me. Too close in my bubble. "You want an experience? A little insight?" Before I could even think about running away, both of Asher's hands cupped both my ass cheeks, picking me up and plopping me down onto the hard cold granite. He wormed himself between my legs, staring deeply and directly in my eyes.

For some bizarre reason, I had an urge -like in one of those movies- to wrap my arms tightly around his neck and just lunge for him, crashing out lips together. But I completely shook that thought away, remembering that this is Asher, my best friend. Not a movie.

Instead, I grasped the edge of the counter holding myself back and biting the inside of my cheek. He leans his forehead on mine, letting our noses touch. I felt his fingers slowly trailing up my legs until he stopped them at my hips. I could feel my eyes bulging out at what he was doing, at how close he was. My grip on the counter tightens, I stare up at his eyes the whole time as his eyes were looking down, but no longer looking at my eyes.