Chapter 36- A Leopard Changes its Spots

Chapter 36 - A Leopard Changes it Spots

Asher's POV

I watch Kimmy slide down from the top hill on her florescent green snow tube one last time without me. I stood inside the glass building the park had on the side to keep warm and buy food. We were at Snow Day's Amusement Park where they had snow tubing, skiing, snowboarding, and all these other snow games and activities. As promised I brought Kimmy to our own snow date with the treat of her favorite hot coco at Starbucks. I had taken a quick break and ran inside the place, where they actually sold hot chocolate from Starbucks.

I shook the snow off my jacket and out of my hoodie setting it on the back of a wooden chair. I placed my gloves and hat on the table taking up the other seat cross mine. I looked back out the window looking for Kimmy. She was trying to get my attention by waving her hands frantically. I laugh waving back, motioning her to come in. I've been smiling like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland for the past week. I have been happier this past week then I've been my whole life! I'm glad we finally sucked up and told each other our feelings. I think it was better for the both of us.

"Did you see me? I think I caught air that last time, I felt like I was flying!" She screeches shaking the snow out of her hair.

"'I saw, that was so awesome." I laugh watching the smile stretch on her face.

"Did you get me my hot chocolate yet?" she asked sweetly, sitting across from me. On cue the waitress comes in placing two cups on the table in front of us. I was aware that the waitress said something but I was too busy paying attention to the gorgeous looking person in front of me.

"Wow," She smiles, tracing her finger over the rim of her cup, "you didn't even bat an eye at that girl."

"Who?" I ask, taking the first sip of my very hot chocolate.

"The waitress. She was totally checking you out." She says as a matter-of-fact.

"Doesn't concern me." I say with a shrug. She mumbled what I said under her breath, a puzzled look on her face.

"Hm? Well I got to go, I'm supposed to go meet my friend Asher for some hot chocolate." She jokes around, slowly getting up from her seat.

I roll my eyes, cracking a smile, "Well he's a lucky guy to have your company." I chuckle, playing along with her.

"Oh I know." She teases, tossing her hair over her shoulder, "So bizarre really, you look just like him."

"Really?" I gawk, leaning forward on the table.

"Really." She says last, sitting back down in her seat.

"You're so weird." I laugh playfully joking with her.

"Then you would be equally as weird for hanging out with me." She retorts, sipping her hot chocolate.

"OK, OK. I think I can live with that." I tell her.

"So, what time is it now?" She grins, twirling her hair around her index finger.

I take my phone out from my jacket pocket, telling her "Almost five. Want to head out?"

"And do what?" She pouts and sulks back in her chair.

"I don't know. I bet there's some New Year's Eve party somewhere, being thrown at someone's house." I shrug not thinking of anything better.

"I'm not in the mood for another party." She frowns. She's not a big party person either, so I'm not surprised she turned the idea down, "I got a better idea." She says, her frown instantly turned back into a pretty smile, "Lets hang out at your house!"