Chapter 14- Moral Change

Chapter 14 - Moral Change

Kim's POV

I walked out of Home EC class, still feeling sticky and slimy from cracking eggs to make French toast, and flour still powdered on my dark washed jeans. The boys in the group thought it would be funny to crack eggs whole, as in let's just throw them really hard in the blender so they crack and call it a day. So when I had to go fishing for shells, then they started a flour war. Everything went all downhill after those two minor accidents. Emphasize on the word minor, you don't even want to get me started on the major.

Dragging my feet through the halls, I slumped into a cushioned library chair for free period. Two more periods and I would be free from this disastrous day. See, I used to really enjoy school, love it actually, I know I'm such a weirdo. Now I just tolerated it. Freshman year was fun, sophomore year we were pressured to take exit exams, if you don't pass then you don't graduate. Junior year, they prep you for college, AP classes begin, and you take SATs. Senior year, not so bad until you have to start really considering what college or university you want to be committed to, application deadlines, financial papers, FAFSA, papers upon papers to fill out, and writing essays for college. When senioritis comes, it hits hard and there's no going back.

I took out my homework and started on it. There was a light knock on the wooden table. I look up finding Spencer on the other side of the table smiling at me. "Hey," he whispers, kissing my cheek.

I could feel my cheeks burn, but I tried to ignore it, "Hey?" I replied with a puzzled look. "You don't have free period now, do you?"

"Nope, creative writing. I'm trying to get out and do something else. I write enough for Mr. Bass and Ms. Nelson as it is." He chuckles, taking a seat across from me, "I didn't really feel like sticking around. Guidance said they'll make the fix by the end of the week," he shrugged, crossing his arms on top of the table, leaning towards me.

I giggle, shaking my head, noticing how he close he is to me. "Ditcher."

He snickers, shrugging his shoulders. "Like you've never done it before."

"Nope," I said proudly while popping the P.

"What!-"

"SHH!" screeches the librarian from behind her large wooden desk. She pushes her glasses further up her nose as she looks down at us. Honestly, we weren't even that loud, there were other people in here louder than us.

"Sorry," we both whispered back nevertheless. "I've never ditched class. I've skipped school, but that's different," I correct before he spoke minimizing the debate.

"No, it's not," he counters, shaking his head. Who did he think he was? The Lord of Ditching? Pretty sure you're not in school either way.