Chapter 10- Surprisingly Sorry

Asher POV

My dad once told me that getting into fights with women will probably be one of the most challenging situations in my life. He's right. It's not like I purposely was looking for a fight with Kimmy, but I was angry and ticked off. I mean really? She's going on a date with Spencer what's-his-face! How can't I get angry over that? That shred of hope that one day Kimmy will realize I have feelings for her is ruined. If she's going on this date with Spencer, and another, and other, then when will she realize that I'm the one that wants to be with her.

It doesn't take a genius to notice that Kim is still angry with me. Giving me the silent treatment and avoid my look at all times. So after a semi long talk with Katie afterwards, I knew what I had to do. Even though I didn't like it much, and it was totally against everything I believed in and everything I told myself never to tell a girl, I knew I was going to have to apologize first. Just go with the flow, hide my anger, and suck it up. No matter how much it killed me.

So, here I am, after a long school day and a lengthy hard pep talk. Processing everything in my mind once again, I stood behind the closed door of Kim's bedroom listen to the laughs and giggles. My two quick knocks on the door made them stop completely. A few frantic whispers are shared until a blond chick opens the door; Katie.

"Oh, it's just Asher." Katie says nonchalantly. Wow, just Asher, like I'm no one important. Um, I'm sorry, who's known Kim longer?

"Oh, it's Kate." I respond to her back in a bleak tone; joking around obviously. Kate's pretty cool and I've got no problems with her. She sticks her tongue at me playfully, crossing her arms before turning back around to Kim.

"I think you should just stick to the original outfit." Katie tells Kim, who's slipping on her shirt when I walk over the threshold to her room.

"That's what I'm sticking with." Kim agrees, brushing her hair with her hands. She looks at me quickly with a worried look and then turns around. Kate looks over to me, biting her bottom lip dramatically and widening her eyes.

"So, I'll leave you guys alone. Give you two a moment to hash things out." Kate mutters uncomfortably, weaving her way around to exit Kim's room.

I stuff my hands in my pockets and sigh, watching Kim walk to her closet and walk back out. It took us both a few minutes until I decided to say something first, "So you're still going on that date, huh?" I said with some difficulty. Ugh, date.

"Yeah." She said bluntly, putting on two different shoes and then checking herself in the mirror in her closet.

I sighed taking a step closer to her, stuffing his hands deeper into my pockets until my keys were poking me, "Look Kimmy, I'm not here to talk you out of it. I know how stubborn you can be when your mind is already made up. And I realize that I was probably a jerk to you and not a great best friend. I'm sorry."

Oh my Lord that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do! Apologizing is not my strong suit, believe me when I say that. I don't apologize often because like many people I find it rather difficult to admit that I'm wrong. But like Kate pointed out, I was a jerk, and Kim is too good for me for her to deserve such behavior.

"I'm just going to just tell you the truth. I still don't want you going out with Spencer. I wish you could have been with me at practice and be there through my whole game but you weren't and you can't. I'm not trying to make this about me, and I'd be lying if I'd say I'm thrilled that you're going on this date, but I'm going to be happy for you because I know that's what you'd do for me, and this is what you want. I just don't want to lose you."