Chapter 22- We All Have Secrets

Chapter 22 - We All Have Secrets

Kim's POV

There must be a cold going around the school or I caught one last night after standing out in the cold for three hours to watch a football game. I'm going to go with caught one last night because I stood outside in the below freezing weather to watch a football game that I barely half understood. I needed to go out and buy some cold medicine, so I left the house, all bundled up in layers. When I roamed the isles of the drug store Spencer called.

"Hey Spence." I greeted cheerfully, looking between two different branded cold medicines.

"Hey babe. What are you up to?" He wonders, greeting me happily as well.

"I'm just at the pharmacy grabbing some cold medicine." I say with a sniffle, "What are you doing?" I ask, grabbing one of the boxes and reading information from the back.

"I'm home. Bored. I thought we could do something today." He tells me.

"I'd love that. Especially after I take some of this medicine." I giggle, walking up to the cashier after grabbing a bag of cough drops. "What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know. It's a cold winter Saturday. How about I turn on the fire place, grab some blankets and throw in a movie? I heard it's the best medicine for the cold." He suggests. That had my heart melting. That's exactly what I've wanted to do all day.

"You know exactly what runs through my mind." I sigh happily, paying the cashier for my things, "What would make that time even better is some hot chocolate. I'll pick up some on the way." I offer, grabbing the bag from the cashier and thanking her.

I looked for my keys as Spencer agrees with me, "What movie should we watch?" He questions.

"Not another one of those western movies. That was boring no offense." I tell him, getting in my car and starting it up.

He laughs, admitting it was a terrible movie, "I know, the trailer looks better than the actual whole movie. So what do you suggest?"

I smirk, thinking of the first movie popping up in my head, "The Art of Getting By."

"I never heard of that one before." He mentions.

"I have it at home if you'd like to watch it." I offer, putting the phone on speaker and placing it in the cup holder with the talking side up and driving the car in reverse.

"Sure if you want to go home and get it. Or we can watch something new. Surprise me when you get here." He suggests, "It's your turn to pick the movie anyways."

"Alright, I'll see you in twenty minutes then. Text me your address by the way. I don't think I've ever been to your house now that I think about it." Weird, you'd think after two months I would have been by already. Maybe even meet his parents after that awkward encounter with my family.

"Huh, now that you mention it I think you're right." He agrees, "OK, I'll see you in a little bit then. Bye."

"Bye." I reply. I drove home, since home is only up the street. My plan was to stop home, grab the movie, stop at the new café near my house and grab some hot chocolates. I've heard they're pretty good, thenI'd go to Spencer house from there.

I turned on the radio even though I was only a few streets away from the address Spencer gave me. What I found weird is that this street looked familiar, like déjà vu. Even his house looked vaguely familiar. It was closer to my house than I expected.