Chapter 30- Holiday Plans

Chapter 30 - Holiday Plans

Kim's POV

A few great things had happened of the weekend. One, being snowed in at Dylan's house. Dylan's house is fun and being snowed in with your friends- minus Tyler- is even better. From playing games to watching movies, taking naps and even making a snow man. The best part of that day? Putting a Sharpie to Tyler's face when he was napping. I don't know how on Earth he didn't feel that.

Second great thing that had happened that weekend, Asher's dad had come home. It was a surprise really. When I had gone over that Sunday to help him write his English paper his dad walked through the door, bags in hand and yelling: 'honey I'm home!' It was adorable really. With Bay and Shay in the other room watching Home Alone their dad came in at the same time where Kevin and his mom finally meet at the big Christmas in New York.

Everyone had a shocked smile on their face and lots of hugging and kissing involved. Bay and Shay screamed with joy, pouncing at their dad with hugs and kisses. Asher had gone over to him with a manly hug and I waited until last to greet him with a 'hello-welcome-back' hug.

That night, Kelly had made Scott's favorite Italian soup and I was persuaded to stay. I didn't want to impose on their first dinner as a family after months, but since Scott had insisted, I stayed. That wasn't enough though, after the girls were tucked in and sleeping in bed Scott thought I'd be staying the night, since it was quite late out. I had to hint to him that sleeping in the same bed as Asher was not okay anymore with my boyfriend.

I could have sworn Scott looked disappointed, but he tried hard not to show it. Weird.

To top it off, the third best thing that had happened was another snow day. That's right, a three day weekend. It was great not only to have a three day weekend, but to have Spencer with me the night before and now snowed in at my house was just icing on the cake. We made out, a lot. And slept a total of twelve hours from Sunday to Monday. We also baked, and made a slight mess in the kitchen while doing so.

Now we were in school, lunch time to be exact. We all sat together at one round table. So far, it hasn't turned out to be like the first time we all sat together. Some of us were actually civil, and when I say some of us of course I'm excluding Tyler.

"So, Christmas break is next week," Katie says, starting up a new conversation, "Anyone going anywhere?"

"I'm meeting up with my mother and younger brother in Florida." Maddi smiles, ripping a piece of her Fruit Roll-Up.

"Cool! I wish I could fly out somewhere, but it's tradition to throw a party with the family and all that other Christmas ritual stuff." I shrug, playing with the hoodie strings of Spencer's sweater. My long sleeve shirt and scarf didn't serve me any justice with the school's half broken heating system.

"Same here, I get bored after the same thing for seventeen years," Katie sighs, pouting a little. "What about you Spencer?" She asks, eating pretzels.

I caught him staring at Maddi with his lips slightly parted until I kicked his leg slightly under the able, "Uh, probably going to spend Christmas with my dad." He answers, looking over to me, and then turns to everyone with a simple shrug.

He talked about it yesterday, planning on spending Christmas with his dad down in Florida. He didn't seem certain though, but it made me feel just a bit uncomfortable now that Maddi had just stated she would be going at the same time.

"How is your dad?" Maddi asks caringly, a small smile on her face, "Still a firefighter?" She questions.

I knew about that much of Spencer's dad, that and he lives in Florida. Also, that his mother and him divorced when Spencer was ten. "He's doing good, same old job, same old Dan." Spencer snickers, "He has a new girlfriend though, and this one is his age." He jokes.