Chapter 12- Mumbling Truths

Chapter 12 - Mumbling Truths

Kim's POV

Waking up to the sunny Saturday daylight, I felt fully rested. Opening my eyes fully, I remembered that I was in Asher's room. I turn around in his bed not finding him there; his side of the bed empty with messy sheets. I sit up just in time as his door cracks open, in walks Asher with two mugs, hopefully filled with perfectly brewed coffee.

"Sleeping beauty has risen!" Ash cries, out with a laugh, shutting the door behind him with his foot.

"Is that coffee for me?" I ask, already stretching out my hand to grab it even if it wasn't. Obviously, it definitely has to be for me.

"No. This is for my girlfriend. Screwed her last night while you were sleeping, she's in the shower now," he says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Don't mess with me," I mumbled, "Too early in the morning." As in almost ten o'clock too early in the morning.

He chuckles lightly, handing me the mug and kissing my cheek. "Good morning by the way."

"It is now," I said sipping my mug, "Thank you."

He takes a seat on his bed beside me as I comfortably scoot closer to him so I could rest my head on his shoulder. He turns on the TV and I take a few more sips of my coffee before I really feel awake. I stretch over to the bedside table and grab my phone, finding two messages: one from Katie and the other from Spencer. I smiled and answered the one from Spencer first, putting my mug down to type faster.

"Who you texting?" Asher asked, his eyes still glued to the TV.

"Spencer," I said with a wide smile.

"Didn't you just see him last night?" he questioned, a little annoyance lacing his voice.

"Yeah, so? I saw you last night didn't I?" I point out with a smirk on my face. Ha, take that.

"Well that's different." Asher slightly stutters, "I'm Asher! He's.... Spencer." Changing his voice from excited to dull.

"And I'm Kimberly." I reply rhetorically, pressing send on my phone.

"No shit." He mutters, sipping his coffee.

"Sorry, I thought we were playing the name game." I comment back wittily. Waiting for Spencer's reply, I text Katie about my night with Spencer and how he kissed me! Ahh! I still can't believe he kissed me; twice! Once at the amusement park and another time when he dropped me off here at Asher's. Cloud nine girls, I was on cloud freakin' nine.

"What do you want to do today?" Ash asked, taking me out of my thoughts and changing the subject.