Chapter 29- Snow Day

Chapter 29 -Snow Day

Kim's POV

Waking up on Saturday morning in a quiet house, in a warm bed, and a dark room is nice for a change. Opening my eyes slowly, I'm glad there's no sun to blind me so when my brain starts regaining conscious, I could feel Spencer's whole body on top of me. His legs draping over my legs making them into a leg-sandwich. His arms pinned around my chest, keeping my arms from moving, while his head rests on my shoulder.

I mentally chuckle, rolling my eyes. Nudging him with my elbow, I try waking him up, "Ugh." He moans pulling me tighter into his chest.

"Good morning sleepy head." I chuckle, brushing his hair up so that it wasn't so flopped against his forehead. "How killer is your hangover?" I wonder, trying to untangle from him slightly.

"Killer." He groans, "What time is it?" He asks, with a deep sigh.

"If you let go of me maybe I could check my phone." I giggle, trying to pull my arm free to reach for my phone on the night stand, plugged into the charger. "About ten o'clock." I tell him, looking through the messages on my phone. I remember to call Katie, hoping that she's awake and home safely. It took a couple of rings, but the call as picked up. "Hello?" I question, rolling to my back side and getting more comfortable.

"You have no idea what happened to me last night." Katie mumbles, not even a hello.

"Are you alright?" I ask, a little panicked, thinking of all the worst possibilities. I wouldn't dare forgive myself if something were to happen.

"You've got to come to Dylan's and see for yourself." She scoffs.

"What do you mean?" I question, nudging Spencer to get up and out of bed.

"Just be careful when you're driving. Snow is coming down, but I'm guessing the main roads are plowed." She warns.

"Fine." I sigh, rolling out of bed, "I'll be there in half an hour." I tell her before hanging up.

"What's that all about?" Spencer asks, watching me with his arm behind his head, still relaxed.

"I don't know, but Katie said to get back to Dylan's house." I tell him, going to my closet and grabbing some clothes to change into. I didn't feel like putting in the effort, or looking for a pair of jeans, so I took the first clean pair of yoga pants I found and paired it off with a crew top sweater.

"What's going on at Dylan house? Again." Spencer asks, I hear the bed shift, and I assume he's getting up to change and follow my suit.

"Don't know. Katie just said to come over." I tell him, putting on my new clothes and tossing my PJs to the side. Walking to my bathroom to freshen up and put in my contacts, I search for some Advil and hand it to squinty eyed Spencer, avoiding the light like a vampire. "How much did you drink?" I ask, shaking my head.

"When this hangover passes and I gain my memory back I'll let you know." He says with a minor chuckle.

I peak around the house to make sure the coast is clear before letting Spencer come down. I didn't know if my parents went to work, but knowing them nothing would stop them. Not even a little bit of snow. "Ugh, don't walk to fast, it gives me headaches."

I pull his hand down the stairs and grab my coat, slipping on my snow boots and waiting for Spencer's slow pace to be finished. "So much for a nice morning with breakfast in bed." I frown, grabbing my bag and looking for Spencer's keys. No way did he look fit to drive yet.