Chapter 34- The Love That Must Go On

Chapter 34 - The Love That Must Go On

Kim's POV

Sitting on Asher's lap my mind went blank. Thinking about the first day he told me he loved me...

It was like any normal day. It was during our seventh grade year, we were walking back home from school taking our usual rout. Asher had changed over the summer. New short haircut, nicer clothes, and had grown some few inches too. I on the other hand looked ridiculously gross. I had just gotten my braces on and a new pair of glasses. Hoodies and sweatpants were my new favorite thing.

Walking towards Asher's house he was making me double over laughing, so hard that my sides ached, my stomach felt like I was putting on abs, and I couldn't breathe. Nothing new, he always made me feel this way.

"Do it again! Do it-" I tried telling him in between laughs.

"Alright, alright. Last time!" He vows, "'Children! Settle down, this isn't a fun house this is a fundamental and educational school. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior-' 'FOOD FIGHT!'"

I laugh at him in his attempt of a squeaky, nasally, female voice. Ms. Burns, our English teacher that was on lunch duty today. She came rushing over to our table yelling at Tyler and Asher to quiet down because they were being obnoxious, but before she could finish her unlikeable speech an eighth grader yelled food fight from across the cafe splattering ketchup over some boys white sweatshirt.

"Thank you, thank you. I do try. I will be on Comedy Central every Thursday at eight." He says flattered, watching me laugh my butt off.

For some reason I remember that joke. And of course the horrible Ms. Burns we had for an English teacher. I remembered every little detail about that day, it's the one day that sticks so well to me for many reasons.

We were "studying" in Ash's room when his phone rang for the fiftieth time since we had arrived. It was starting to bug me that this girl wouldn't stop texting him, it was really annoying. I wanted to spend quality time with Asher and this chick wasn't letting us be. I could understand though, he was bored of me, who wouldn't; I was a boring person.

"I think you can tell that chick to lay off for the night." I said in a tight smile but trying to look joking about it. I just really wanted to get my work done.

"How 'bout lay on me tonight." He replied smudged with a devilish smirk.

My eyes bugged out of my sockets fitting in the pieces together. Was he seriously thinking that?! That's so gross! That's so criminal! "Ash, are you serious? You're too young to think-never mind do that stuff."

"Why, is someone jealous?" He smirked, looking up from his phone.

I shook my head fiercely like he had gone insane, I could feel the heat rising from my neck and up my cheeks, "No way, dude! Not until a very long time. I especially wouldn't have my first with some random man-whore slut. As shouldn't you."

Why were we even talking about this? We're thirteen for crying out loud! No one need to start accidentally making babies!

"Loosen up, K. You're starting to sound like a parent." He grumbled playfully nudging my arm. I rolled my eyes finishing up my Algebra homework as he went on texting away. It was getting really annoyed with that girl and him. Especially with those buttons on the phone going click, click, click, click.