Chapter 33- Christmas Love

Chapter 33 - Christmas Love

Kim's POV

My finger still shook nervously as I was hanging up Christmas decorations around my house. My whole body wasn't even relaxed as I thought it should be. You would think after kissing the guy I've always had feelings for, and finally hearing everything I would have wanted to hear for the past eight years would make me relaxed and carefree. Skipping around the house, humming, or singing, being really nice and sweet; wrong. I was the total opposite.

My fingers fumbled around with the sticky tape as I tried hanging up mistletoe above the door way of the kitchen to the dining room. A little tradition we Taylor's allowed to have around this time of year. No matter who passes under it you were to give the person a kiss- on the cheek at the least. Unless you were married or going out then the cheek wasn't an option for you. My "kiss" to the boys or all my cousins that were younger than me was a gentle tap to the head or arm.

After setting up the dinner table for my mom, I went upstairs and changed into some nice clothes for our family Christmas party, which we were hosting, again, as always. I didn't bother looking too fancy like putting on a dress because it was just my family and in my house. So I decided to just wear a pair of dark washed jean, a white lacy top and a long red cardigan, red for at least a little Christmas spirit. I pined two pieces of the side of my hair back in a cute little silver bow clip and slip on my black slippers I wore around the house since my feet are cold. I went light on the make-up and brushed my teeth before heading down stairs.

"Kimberly, can you get the dip out of the oven and put the chips in a bowl." My father orders wiping his hands on a dirty dish towel frantically looking paranoid.

"Sure dad." I reply grabbing the oven mitts from the draw to take out the dip. I placed it on the table and then went off to get the bowl and chips. I frowned at the high top cabinet where the tortilla chips are kept. It was a good few inches deep in, and I couldn't reach even on my tippy toes. I tried, struggling, standing on the tips of my toes reaching out for it, whining pathetically. "This is hopeless." I grumble silently to myself.

"Need some help with that?" A deep husky voice offers from behind me. The same familiar voice that I would recognize anywhere. The same voice I've heard for eleven years. It's like one of those annoying ring tones you just can't change or get rid of.

Still staring blankly and awkwardly at the cabinet, without turning around to face him, he grabs the bowel out of my hands, ripping of the plastic bag, and the sound of the chips fall into the wooden bowel. I turn slowly watching him do so. He had a smile playing on his lips, his cerulean eyes sparkling with happiness. He dressed up a bit wearing a white button up shirt with microscopic thin red strips, dark jeans and black shoes. His hair was spiked up in the front a bit, and from where I stood I could even smell his cologne.

"Seen enough of me yet?" He teases with his famous smirk, crumpling the bag in the trash. I blink momentarily aware that I was staring at him intently.

I hid my blushing red face and walk past him, trying hard to hide a little smile that was forming on my lips. I walk into the living room where my Aunt Rachel, Uncle John, and my cousins Shane and Ivy we all gathered in the living room along with Asher's parents and little sisters. I hug them all wishing them a merry Christmas.

"Where's Asher?" Ivy asks, a little too sweetly batting her eyelashes. I roll my eyes getting sick of her pitiless flirting with him.

"Leave him alone, Ivy." I order her strongly sitting on the edge of the couch's sofa arm.