Chapter 37

(Marshall's Point of view) 

I was invited to a charity event that was due to take place for Detroit of course I wanted to take part in it, Paul was going to be coming over later with the details.

I figured it would be fun, Chelsey and I would go get dressed up and attend this event we could have someone keep a eye on Ava while we were out.

A few hours later Ava was out swimming in the pool with one of her friends while Chelsey, Paul and I sat out on the chairs out back by the pool talking about this charity event, we found out that it was going to be some kind of auction.

"So the event is called 'Celebrity Fight Night' and the Theme for the event being held here is 'Fighting for Detroit' and basically there's going to be like 5-6 celebrities signing up for the event and people will bid on who they want to fight/ box against and the highest bidder gets to go one on one with that celeb in the ring." Paul explained I loved the idea of that, getting to have some fun while still raising money for charity.

"That sounds fuckin awesome." I smiled as I put my arm around Chelsey's shoulders I didn't know what she would think of it but it's something I want to do.

"Baby are you sure about this?" Chelsey asked,

"Yeah babe I am, I mean come on I'm still in great shape and it's for charity" I told her, I could see it by the look in her eye that deep down she didn't want me too,  but she wasn't going to try to talk me out of it, that's not the kind of person she is.

"Well if you're one hundred percent sure I can't stop you, just don't kill anyone in there okay?" She joked with a small smirk appearing on her face I looked down at her growing baby belly and smiled before I placed my hand on top of it, she put her hand on top of mine.

"I wont kill anyone I promise, and I am a hundred percent sure I want to do this not only for myself but for all the people and families out there in my city struggling." I said.

"Okay, babe." She replied, I gave her a kiss on the cheek before looking over at Paul,

"Paul, you and I have been friends for a long time, you better know by now that if my husband gets seriously hurt, my pregnant ass is going to be kicking yours." Chelsey smiled but with a serious tone.

"Come on now Chelsey, we're family by now, you know that I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize him." Paul said as he pulled out a large manila envelope and pulled out some paperwork and handed it to me, I glanced it over quick.

"This is just something put together by the foundation and the 'Celebrity Fight Night' for you to look it over and sign." Paul told us.

"Okay, I will let the foundation know and we will get everything worked out." Paul stood up and pulled out his phone he walked into the house and it left me to have somewhat of alone time with my wife.

I positioned myself so my back was against the back of the pool chair and had my legs on either side and slightly pulled Chelsey to come lay up against me. I rubbed her shoulders as she tilted her head back in awe, I massaged down her arms and once my arms were around her I placed both my hands on her stomach, she leaned back against my chest and let out a deep breathe.

"You okay?" I asked

"Yeah I'm okay, I just worry about you, you know that" She told me. I knew she probably didn't want to sit there and watch me fighting someone and watch me end up getting hit but I'll be okay.

"I do know that, and I worry about you too. I just get really passionate about stuff like this babe, you know I grew up moving all the time,  on and off welfare, struggling and I look at what I have now and yeah I know I worked my fuckin ass off for it but I want to be able to give back to people who are less fortunate than us." I explained to her.