Chapter 34

(Marshall's Point of view)

A few days later

I'm the happiest man alive rate now,  I found out I'm going to be a dad again but it's amazing to know that I'm going to have a son.

I have the most amazing wife I could ever ask for and a wonderful daughter, they're my life, I wish Proof was here with me and I know he's looking down on me and he'd be proud.

Chelsey and I got up and drove Ava to school this morning now Chelsey is on the couch resting this pregnancy has been a little harder on her then the last one but I know she's the kind of person who doesn't complain about anything.

I just pick up on the little things she does like supporting her back with her hands sitting down more than usual and I try my best to make her as comfortable as possible.

I'm in my office going over some things when I hear my computer notify me that I got a email I saw its from Paul and I open it, I read through the email and noticed a link attached I click on it and it said Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I read about a 9 Year old Parker Monhollon was recently diagnosed with DIPG, Diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas , a rare form of Childhood Brain Cancer she didn't have much longer to live I read on and it said that her dream was to meet me. I printed out the link and brought it out and I sat next to Chelsey on the couch I handed her the paper she read though it.

"Oh my gosh babe." She said as she finished reading the paper.

"Yeah I know." I stated, I knew Chelsey was really into helping people so I knew she would be interested in this.

"What are you thinking?" She asked me,  I knew she wanted me to do it and I agreed with her.

"I'm going to do it, I wanna bring her and her family out here." I told her.

"I think that would be amazing! I'm so proud of you baby." She smiled I took out my phone and replied to the email and told Paul to set it up.

I heard back the next day requesting to know what days I would be available I told him my availability and we agreed on this weekend, I would fly her and her whole family out to Detroit Friday morning I would put them up in a nice hotel not too far away from my studio and our house. I only had a few days to prepare for this but I was ready.

Friday

Today is the day I meet Parker, I wanted her experience to be special Chelsey and I went to the store and created a gift basket that would be in their room waiting when they checked in. I wrote a card for her that said "Welcome to Detroit See You Soon" and signed it Marshall.

We dropped off the basket at the hotel and made sure everything was perfect for them when they arrive. We drove back to the house so I could drop Chelsey off to pick up Ava from school.

I went to the studio for a little bit to work on some music before they arrived I was in the studio for about a hour or so when I got a call saying that they checked into the hotel.

I called a car service to go to the hotel to pick them up and bring them to the studio, I finished this last little verse I had left that's when I got the news that they were pulling up to the studio. 

I got up and walked down to the entrance to greet them, I met Parker her mom and dad, her sister and younger brother. I just sat and talked with her and got to know more about her and her disease that she's been fighting.  She's such a strong little girl and she inspired me. We talked for a while gave them a tour of the studio then she asked me,

"Wheres Chelsey and Ava?" I smiled and told her that they were at home. Parker asked if she could meet them too and I smiled and got on the phone rate away and called Chelsey and told her to come down to the studio with Ava.