Chapter Six

Cassius' P.O.V

"We have to do something about them!" Arnold roars and the committee then sets his eyes on me.

"If we do nothing about those Easterners they'll continue to barge into our territory and plunder our lands! We cannot ignore this situation any further."

" A meeting may be in order then, Elder Arnold," Says another elder, Elder Suzanne to be exact.

" We cannot fight fire with fire and expect not to get burned in the process. This conflict between us has gone on far too long. A change is in order."

" AND how exactly will that happen, Elder Suzanne? This boy here won't forgive the people who had murdered our Alpha, Our King. He died an untimely death leaving him to succeed him at only fourteen years of age. There will be no compromise reached!" Elder Richard states as he also begins to stare at me.

I continue to listen on in silence as the elders took turns bickering about the same issue and then direct their attention towards me again. I don't bother to address this issue because whatever I say will be biased to them. They are right about one thing though. I have yet to forgive the perpetrators who had taken my father's life and brought a whirlwind of hell in its wake.

I no longer had a childhood. I had to grow up and grow up fast at least for my mom's sake. She had lost her mate, her True Mate. She was in more pain than I and I wanted to help her as best as I could.

I stayed out of trouble and focused all of my attentions on the betterment of the pack. As the years passed and things began to stable out again I realized my childhood had passed me by right before my eyes. I had grown up with little friends and for those who didn't treat me any differently because of my rank or loss dwindled in number. Besides my Beta Grimm and Enforcer Stevens along with Lily, I have no true friends.

I look at the elders with a passive face and begin to sigh. " I am the Alpha and I will not be lectured. Thank you for voicing your concerns. You may all leave." I say close to snarling making them lower their heads and proceed to get up and leave out the door.

Left by myself, I begin drumming my fingertips on the side of the chair. The Eastern lands are going to be dealt with. I had long since made plans to dispose of that wretched Alpha for some time now. But it will do me no good if his sons come after my pack for revenge. In my best interest it would be best to kill off the entire family of them.

"Cass." I hear Grimm's voice come echoing through the mind-link as he opens the door.

"Hm?"

"The meeting. . .how did it go?"

"Stagnate as usual." I mumble dryly. " Two out of the three of them want me to openly declare war on them ridding ourselves of this false, implied stalemate. Elder Suzanne on the other hand wants to compromise with him. I believe she hopes to unite our two packs, but that will never happen."

"Mating. . . promising your heir to one of theirs. It could be possible. Ultimately it is your decision." I nod my head in confirmation.

" And what of the power structure? Who will be Alpha then? That man will never settle to compromise. He wants war and blood and I am very much willing to give him just that." My eyes narrow as I feel some of my power seeping out from the anger showing out through my voice.

"Well. . .you do have two enforcers from their pack. He may be more than willing to give up some luxuries for the lives of his kin."

"Gabriel belongs to our pack now. He has cut off all ties with his pack and isn't willing to go back."