Chapter 16: White Oak

I didn't move from my spot in the bayou and Jackson watched me. He looked down at Oliver and grief flashed on his face. I closed my eyes and thought about this. I've killed two people today, two and I don't know how I feel.

"Juliana," I hear Niklaus say behind me and I look over. He stands there and sees the bruises probably starting to form. He sees my screwed up ankle and probably the pain in my eyes.

"I should've killed them when I got the chance, I'm so sorry," I whisper and start to cry. Niklaus bends down and hugs me tightly. He lets me cry into his chest like the big brother he is and he soothes me.

"You did good little sister, you fought them both off alone. You protected Hope and saved her."

"I was so scared," I admit and he rubs my head.

"I know."

"God they hated me, both of them."

"I know."

"They almost killed me."

"If Kol had came home sooner than I could've helped you."

I close my eyes,"Is Hope alright?"

"Yes, she is fine."

"God what did we get ourselves into?"

"Something that we can get ourselves out of."

"Just promise me something."

"Anything."

"No matter what happens, you will think of Hope first. Not me, but Hope and Elijah and Rebekah and Kol and Hayley and lastly me. Promise me!"

"I can't."

"You have to."

"How can I think of you last?"

"Because you're family comes first."

"But you are my family!"

"No remember you left me. I'm more of a close friend."

"Juliana--"

"Please Nik. Please," I beg and he seems taken back I used his nickname. I only use it when I'm serious.

He sighs,"I promise."

I smile,"We'll be alright."

******************

"I've got it!" I shout and hop over to the table where everyone is sitting. They look at me with puzzled expressions. Rebekah finally came and we spent a while catching up and everything. I spent a while with Hope and Kol. I know today I have to bring back Katherine, she's essential to the whole plan.

"You've got what?" Rebekah asks and I smile.

"So mother is still rusty on her spells and her cloaking spell was crap so I was able to get passed it and find them!"

"Where are they?" Niklaus growls as he clenches the newspaper tight in his hands. Its been two days since the fight and my ankle is doing better.

"Mystic Falls," I say and they stare at me.

"We have to go there?" Kol asks and I shrug.

"Depends if you want to kill mom and dad."

"I was murdered there," Kol says and I nod.

"I was stabbed in the back, literally," Rebekah tells me.

"I know."

"So why are they there?" Elijah asks cooly.

"Simple, the white oak tree."

"It doesn't exist."

"Oh it does, you see we burned it but a seed scattered and then boom a tree grew. The tree is in Mystic Falls and mom and dad are looking for it."

"So we get it before them," Rebekah says.

"Then we kill them."

"But we'll need help," Elijah points out.

I smile,"Don't worry Elijah, we got help."

"They'll never help us," Niklaus says.

"Oh when I offer them an offer they can't refuse they will."

"What offer is that?" Kol asks and I smile.

"You'll see."
This is my last chance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
New chapter so what'd you think. sorry I haven't uploaded in a while but I've been busy. anyway thanks for the 1.5K reads and keep voting:)