Chapter 34: Final Battle

I knew sacrificing me was risky but if it would protect my family then it was fine. Freya didn't seem so sure but the biggest test was coming soon. Niklaus was slowly waking and soon enough, Dahlia would too. I was prepared; dying for my family was something I was destined to do. Isn't that why mom left me half witch?
My magic can connect with Dahlia. If I destroy myself, I'll destroy Dahlia. An eye for an eye I guess. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. With the other side gone, where was I going to go? Not to mention, could I be sucked up in the dark world like Katarina. I didn't even get to say goodbye to her. Or Kol.
I saw the dagger coming out. I prepared myself. I took a deep breath and looked at Freya. Freya knew what she had to do. There was no other choice.
The dagger pops out of Niklaus' chest and hits the wall. I see the color rush back into his skin and his eyes open. Dahlia slowly starts getting up and Freya looks petrified, I guess perhaps I would be too if I was her. It must not have been easy spending years with her.
I pull Niklaus over and I see his strength is depleated. He can barely stand but I feel his love for his daughter; he'll fight til the end. Dahlia looks angry, she was betrayed by Niklaus. If this spell doesn't work we are screwed.
I look at Freya and nod my head. We start chanting loudly and I feel pain shooting through my head. I feel as if twenty knives are piercing my brain but I continue. Freya grabs my hand, together the rush of power is beyond exhilarating. The more we chant, the more pain shoots through my head. I feel blood dripping from my nose and the life being sucked out of me. But it's working, Dahlias also in pain.
But it stops working. Her magic is too powerful and with a big push she breaks our concentration and we fly backwards.
Slamming against the stone wall doesn't feel good. Since I'm part human, I feel pain more than I normally should. But that doesn't stop me. I get back up only to be greeted by a surprise.
Rebekah and Elijah come in the compound with none other than mother. Dahlia has the same confusion on her face that the rest of us do.
"Esther?" Dahlia whispers and our mother looks at her.
"Hello sister," She says and I sigh. Mother made a deal to give up her first child to be able to have a child and that curse is what brings us to our current situation. But Dahlia is also betrayed by mother because she ditched her for Mikael which is pretty mean. I can see the hurt in Dahlias eyes and the guilt in mothers. But soon the hurt goes away and is replaced by anger.
"Look at your precious little family!" She shouts, "Is this the family you thought it was? Is this the family you wanted when you left me? What happened to sticking together? We were sisters! I loved you but you didn't love me enough!"
"Dahlia-" mother starts.
"No Esther," She growls and looks at us, "I'm going to show you pain. I'm going to fix this."
The pain that came next was unbearable. She was attacking our heart and I could tell it had the effect on my siblings too. We were bent over in unbearable pain as our heart was slowly being ripped out. I felt blood wetting my shirt and I simply looked at mother. Was she going to do anything?
I tried to combat her magic but the only thing I could really do is put most of the magic towards me. Child birth was nothing compared to this, at least after that pain, you got something precious out of it. This was just for her revenge.
Rebekah is the first to fall and I'm noticing her skin turning red. As I look at mine, the same thing is happening to me too. She's burning us; how long will this go on?
"That's enough!" I hear mother shout. I collapse to the ground and watch through blurred vision. Mother approaches Dahlia and comes closer to her, "I'm sorry."
"What?" Dahlias voice softens and I feel the pain lifting.
"I said I'm sorry," She repeats, "It was right for me to ditch you for Mikael. I have always appreciated you and loved you. Please stop this. I beg you, stop hurting my children."
I feel the pain go away and I let out a deep breath. Unfortunately, she only let me off the hook because soon enough she has by my shirt and holding a stake to my heart.
"You never loved me, you always loved Mikael. You always loved these children more!" She spit out. I want to fight her, she's distracted but I can't. The spell that didn't work wasted a lot of magic and my effort to stop the pain from my siblings was too much too. Plus my human side is still recovering from the stone wall and the pain I just barely survived. I don't heal as fast as my family because I'm part human. There is one other option and I'm deciding whether it's worth it or not.
"Please Dahlia, stop hurting them. The fight is between us, not us, leave them out of this," my mother begs, I've never heard this desperation before.
"Say goodbye to your precious daughter," She scoffs and I see the stake rushing to my heart.
It happened in a split second. All I remember is a switch. One second I'm weak and can barely stand and now, I stopped the stake mid air. I twist her wrist and the stake drops. I kick it across the room and turn to look at her.
"What happened?" She asks and I smile.
"You unleashed the monster," I growl and rush towards her. She uses her magic to fling me back and I slam into railing of the stairs. But before I can retaliate, mother rushes and hugs Dahlia. This catches Dahlia off guard and mother pulls out a dagger.
"I've always loved you sister," She says as she stabs the dagger through Dahlia and her. Time stands still as I watch. They start turning to stone and then shatter. We won.
But I lost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHOA YOU GUYS THE NEW SEASON KILLS ME ): I NEED THEM TO STOP FIGHTING ): ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU THINK???

NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS:
SO DO YOU THINK I SHOULD START A SEQUEL TO THIS TAKING PLACE DURING SEASON 3 OR CONTINUE IT IN THIS BOOK???? LET ME KNOW!

MAKE SURE TO RECOMMEND THE BOOK IF YOU ENJOY IT AND FOLLOW ME :)

ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND VOTING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH!