The Video Game.

The Video Game.

My son has been recently obsessed with this video game; I’m not quite sure what it's about or why he's playing it so much... His friends mum gave it to him after school for no apparent reason; he came straight home and started playing it.

It's been at least 2 weeks since he received that game; that's two weeks of a 8 year old sat in his room, not moving from his bed, not opening the curtains and not leaving the house. Every time I go in and tell him to do something the TV goes static, he sits up and simply looks me in the eyes until I walk away...

It's starting to scare me now; today he didn't answer when I told him to come down for dinner and now his TV is on seriously quite... yet the neighbours have came round and told us to turn it down; it seems rather out of the ordinary to me and I don't quite know what to do. My husband is at work and I’m doing some house work, I’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Extremely loud gun shots were now coming from my son’s room; I ran up the stairs and tried to open his bedroom door. It was that stuck it seemed like someone had glued it on to the wall. I went into my room and grabbed the small hatchet I have next to my in case of any un-expected visitors; I then ran to my son’s room to find that the door had been opened.

When I glanced over at the bed there were multiple bullet holes in the wall... my son was no longer on his bed, he was crouched down next to the TV which now had an arm reaching out... My son simply turned to me and said:

“Wanna play with us?”