Birthday Cake

Birthday cake

I hadn't seen my uncle in about three years, he had never remembered my birthday. So to our surprise he had left a triple chocolate fudge cake outside. When I picked the tightly wrapped gift up, there was a large blue trailer covered in mud on the drive. I shouted my mum to come and inspect the trailer, but it was too tightly locked and couldn't be opened by hand. She left it and we both returned inside.

Moments later; the majority of the new found cake had been devoured by everyone else at my Birthday Party. To me I thought it was a shame that my dear uncle didn't stay for a while, even if he is rather busy with work. He works as a brain surgeon, he gains loads of money; making the trailer in the driveway seem rather suspicious to me. My mum ran over to me with an envelope smothered in chocolate cake. She said that it was underneath the cake itself. 

 I opened up the envelope carefully, hoping that money would fall out of it. It was a plain white card that simply said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" In bold black writing. As I opened it up, I could see that this was clearly not a normal birthday card. The scruffy black writing read:

“Dear Daisy, first of all; I hope you have a great day. Second of all, I know you like horses so there's one in the drive way waiting for you, a small chestnut pony from Portugal. And thirdly; I hope you enjoy that cake because it will be the last that you have. The cake was filled with poisons from the lab and parasites we use for testing. The horse has the only antidote planted inside of its stomach. The only way to reach that Antidote is obviously up to you. Much love, Uncle Paul xxx. P.S. I hope you decide quickly, you have 20 minutes."

We ate all of the cake about 15 minutes ago... Kill the pony, or die...