15

I woke up early, before anyone else did. I looked at Mitch, who was already looking better. I got up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. Sadly, we didnt have much. I debated on whether or not to go hunt instead. I didnt wanna leave mitch, but i knew that he wouldnt mind it. After a while of debating, I decided to stay and go back to the couch.

I watched mitch sleep for a while. He was so calm. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a photo of him. Which resulted in the camera flash waking him up. "What are you doing?" He asked sleepily. "Nothing." I said, trying to hide my phone.  He caught me before i could hide it though. "Wait were you taking pictures of me?" He asked, chuckling and sitting up. "No..." I answered, trying not to smile. "You fucking liar yeah you were lemme see it." He said, grabbing me and tickling me. "Fine! Fine! Stop tickling me!" I laughed. He stopped tickling me and looked at me. "So you were taking pictures of me?" He asked. "Just one." I said, smiling. He smirked. "Okay. Just dont be sending it to people. not that you know many people here but ya know. Internet circles." He said. I nodded.

We stayed on the couch for a few hours before Adrian woke up. "Hey Mitch, hey Derrick." He said, coming down the stairs. "Hey." Me and Mitch said in unison. Adrian headed for the kitchen. "We aint got shit to eat." I called. Adrian groaned and went back to the stairs. "I'll go tot the store." He said. "Okay lit." I said. Mitch looked at me. "Why didn't you go hunt earlier?" He asked in a whisper. "I didn't want to leave you. With Ginger and her puppets planning theyre shit and you being in the shape youre in right now, i wasnt gonna risk it." I answered. He nodded and looked at the window, which still needed to be fixed. "I'll fix that later today if i can walk." He said.

I wanted to argue but decided against it. I wasnt gonna win anyway. He would have fixed it anyway. So I said okay and we decided to go back to sleep. cause like. we have nothing better to do, right?