10

The next day we stayed home while Adrian was at work. "What was Gingers intention?" I asked. I had been looking at the bruises covering his body. They were already healing, but they still hurt me. "She's protective of the cult. A little too protective. She didn't and still doesn't trust you." He answered. "She doesn't trust me?" I asked, confused. "She doesn't really trust anyone. She sees the bad side of everything. She read your past and doesn't trust it." He explained. I looked down. I felt his eyes on me, kind of puppy dog like. "What happened exactly?" He asked.

I hesitated. "I-" I started. I stopped. I couldn't speak it. So.. I played it out in my head.

I was sitting in my room, drawing as I always had. At this point we had no idea how strong I actually was. My parents abused me for being born witch, and it had came to where it was enough. My mother walked in and started hitting me for anything she could think of. Me not talking, me breathing, me sleeping, me talking when I actually did talk.. It was endless. But this was a different reason she hit me. She realized that I was doing spell work instead of school work. "You stupid little-" She said, walking in and pounding me. "Mom stop!" I screamed, trying to block her punches. She kept going, and soon Adrian was in there pulling her off. "Leave him alone! He didn't do anything to you!" He hollered.

My father was soon helping my mother. He was hitting Adrian, making him bleed. I screamed. At the time we had no idea how powerful my scream was. Glass broke and stuck to the walls, sharp ends out. Before I knew it, my parents were flown into the walls, glass going through their bodies. Adrian stood there, speechless and covered in fear. I had stopped screaming and was staring at my parents bodies, unable to speak or move. "Derrick.. We have to leave.." Adrian said. I nodded, whimpering. Adrian picked me up and ran out of the house. After that we came here.

I looked at Mitch, who looked shocked and was slightly afraid. "Baby.." He whispered. I looked down, trying to hide the fact that I was about to cry. He grabbed my hand and squeezed slightly. "It's okay. It's not your fault. You've learned to control it. It's okay now." He said. I shook my head. "Adrian is terrified of me. My own brother can't even be around me. It's not okay. Not between me and my brother anyway." I said, my voice becoming a whisper. He said three words that solved most everything.

"Then we leave."