8

I walked alone to school. People were staring more than they normally did, and their thought weren't all that pleasant.

He's gonna be pissed

Someone's going to get killed today.. I feel it.

Oh no.. He's back.. This won't go well..

I wondered what had been going on while I was gone, and now I know it wasn't good. I thought about it again. And as I was, someone ran to me panicking. "You're the kid that's dating Mitch right?!" They asked. I nodded. "Come on!" They hollered, grabbing me and running. At this point I knew I had to be quick, so I broke loose of their grip and sprinted.

When I got there, there were 3 guys punching and kicking Mitch. "NO!" I screamed. They stopped and looked at me. "Oh look. The other fag." One said. I took off my bag and put it down. "If you're gonna fight anyone you're gonna fight me. Not him." I said. There was a slight growl in my voice. Another laughed. "Good luck Pipsqueak." They continued to hit him.

I screamed. I just screamed. And when I scream, its not good. The guys went flying, being thrown into things. I pulled Mitch to me through telekinesis. I stopped screaming. Panic came from everyone. "No one touches him!" I hollered. The guys were groaning in pain. "Good day to you all." I said, grabbing my bag. Then I knelt down in front of Mitch. He was in so much pain. I looked at his face. There were many bruises, most lighter than the others. He had some scabbed cuts on his cheek. I realized that they had been doing this everyday since I've been gone.

"D-Derrick.." He said. I gently ran my finger across his cheek. "I'm here.." I told him. "T-Take me home.." He said, meaning my house. I nodded. "Alright. We'll go home." I said, still rubbing his cheek. From there I teleported us to my house.

He slept for a bit, but I didn't mind that. He needed the sleep. Adrian had stayed home to help take care of him, which was very appreciated. I, on the other hand, was debating on what to do about Ginger. From reading Mitchs thoughts, I found out that she wanted him hurt. It was a test. A test to see if I actually cared. They knew my life story, so they had a lot to use on me. What would I do? Let them get away with it? No. Never. They hurt him. Now they need to pay for it.

Mitch was apparently listening to my thoughts, because he grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly. "Don't worry about it." He said. I shook my head. "They hurt you." He nodded. "Yes. They did. But it's alright. We'll break out of the cult. Go somewhere. Start our own cult if need be. Just, Please don't do anything." He said. I hesitated I wanted to do something about it. I wanted to kill them. But I didn't want anything else to happen to Mitch. "Okay." I responded.

He smiled and pulled me down so that I'd lay with him. We cuddled for most of the day and took off and on naps together.