1

"Derrick! You silent asshole! Breakfast!" Adrian hollered. I groaned, not wanting to go to school. It was a new school and it was the middle of the year. Hesitantly, I rolled out of bed and got dressed.

Adrian kept telling me this school was great. Oh yeah. A building full of asshole normal people who talk too much. I say 'normal people' because, well, I'm not a normal person. Far from it. I am a witch. Yes, witch. The voodoo, black magick, black cat, pointy hat witch. Except the cat and hat part.

I made my way downstairs, glaring at my brother. He smirked. "I know, I know. First witch in the family in eight generations, I shouldn't fuck with you-" I grabbed a knife, jumped on the table, and held it to his throat. "You think this shit is a fucking joke? I can kill you in less than a second and don't you dare think I'll hesitate to." I said. Adrian nodded. I jumped off the table and set the knife down. I looked at the food. "I'm not hungry." I said, grabbing my bag and leaving.

I didn't live far from the school, and as I expected i got odd looks while walking there. I heard their thoughts, their whispers.. All of it. A guy walked past me and i heard his heartbeat. I sighed. This was gonna be a hell of a year.

I walked on to campus. I found a nice enough tree and climbed it, sitting on a branch. I grabbed my notebook and started writing. i felt a group of people nearby. not just any people, my people. witches. i focused in. They were talking about me. "I'm telling you, thats where its coming from. the new one. we havent felt that feeling in Two years." One said. A male approaches them. "Guys, if its another one of us, go talk to him. We need all we can find." He said before walking off. I felt hesitation from the group. But, they walked over.

"Hey. You new here?" One asked. I looked down, not answering. "He says yes." Another said. Mind Reader. I thought. She smiled and nodded. "Yes. I'm a mind reader. You?" She asked. Uncontrollable. She froze. "What?" She asked. "In other words, keep your trap shut." It was the guy. The girl rolled her eyes. The guy looked at me. "You'll have to excuse Laura. She asks a lot of questions." He said. Laura. That's her name, is it? I asked through thought. He nodded. "I'm Mitch." He said. All honesty, there was something about him-

"Okay love birds." One of the other girls said. "Say what you need to say Mitch. Then get to class." Laura said, walking off. The rest followed her, leaving me and Mitch alone. "So uh.. Wanna go for a walk?" Mitch asked. He seemed nervous. I nodded slightly, hopping of the branch i was on. He smiled a little and led me to a trail behind the school. "So uh, what they're wanting me to talk to you about.." He said. I could tell he was struggling. "Just say it." I said. He looked at me. "So you can talk." He said. I nodded. "Don't get used to it. I don't talk often." I told him. He nodded. "Anyway. Me and the girls were wondering if you wanted to join our cult." He said. I looked up at him. "Cult? Like, witches cult?" I asked. He nodded. 

I wasn't weirded out by the offer. Just wasn't expecting it. I've never been asked to join a cult so it was rather new to me. I shrugged. "Sure. I guess so. I don't see why not. Just don't tell the others I actually spoke to you. I don't feel like answering questions." I said. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah okay. Great. Uh, I'm skipping today. Care to join me?" He asked. Now that was rather odd. But, I agreed to. Which in the end wasn't a bad idea.