5

We went to my place. It was the only available choice. Mitch made himself right at home while the others were still trying to figure out where to put their bags. "So uh.. How exactly did this happen?" Jessie asked, referring to me and Mitch being a thing. Mitch told them about it all, and it took Diamond and Thalia everything in them to not laugh. He skipped the parts where I talked and said that I had told him through telepathy. Towards the end I saw Gingers wheels turning, but I couldn't figure out what she was thinking about.

"Dang. For a quiet kid he's tough." Laura said after he had finished. "Maybe you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover." Mitch responded. I heard the front door open. I shot up. You guys have to go.. I said to Mitch. "Why?" He asked. "Derrick? You home yet?" My brother called, coming up the stairs. The girls teleported to there houses. "I'm not leaving. I can't go home." Mitch said. I nodded and got up to go say hi to my brother. "Derrick?" My brother called again. "I was taking a nap calm yourself." I said, opening my door. "This is Mitch." I went back to the bed. "Wait why is he here? And in your room?" Adrian asked. I growled slightly. "Mitch, meet my brother Adrian. Adrian, this is my boyfriend, Adrian." I said.

Adrian stood there wide eyed. "Boyfriend?" He asked. Mitch rolled his eyes. "No I'm not his boyfriend, I'm his new dog." He said. I laughed. "Yes Adrian, he's my boyfriend." I confirmed. "Okay..." Adrian said, walking out of the room. Mitch laughed. I laid my head on him and he pulled me into his lap. We talked for the rest of the day and cuddled a lot. He tickled me a few times. It was all great. He stayed for dinner and even stayed the night. The next day at school was were it got bad.

We walked to school together, hand in hand, and Mitch had said he'd have to quickly go with the guys to keep from getting jumped. I was okay with it, but to our surprise the school already knew. "Wanna skip again?" He asked as we tried avoiding glares. I nodded and looked around a little. A few guys were walking towards us. Three of them had blades. I quickly grabbed Mitchs hand and ran towards the trail. "Run you fucking faggots!" One screamed. Slight anger came from Mitch, but who he was angry at I couldn't tell.

We finally got to the clearing. I let go of his hand quickly, not wanting to end up hurt because of him. It was me he was mad at. "Running? Are you fucking kidding me? Running?" His voice was getting louder. "I know you can fucking talk Derrick so don't act like I'm fucking stupid!" He yelled. I whimpered and sat against a tree, hiding in its shadow. He stop talking and I think he stopped breathing for a second. "Derrick.." He said softly. He was still upset, but not with me. He was upset with himself. I stayed where I was. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. It's just kind of different for me. No one knew that I'm gay and I forgot that they're assholes towards the LGBTQ community. I didn't mean to take it out on you." He said. I stayed in place for a minute, thinking. I mean, it does make sense. He was popular. Just not the dick type of popular. The people he hung out with were dicks. It would make sense that they didn't know.

I got up from the tree and hugged him, kind of saying I forgave him. He hugged tightly, kissing the top of my head. "I won't yell again.. I promise." He said softly. We went to my house afterwards, spending the whole day together. It was nice to know someone did't think I was a freak. Hell, he was weird too. A great weird.