3

I gathered up some animals. Squirrels, rabbit, deer, birds. All sorts. I split them into two teams, one being my team and one being Mitchs. I could feel his eyes on me, studying. "Teams are ready." I said. "How do we play?" He asked. I smiled. "We both call out one animal. They fight. Not to the death, but just until one taps out. Whichever one of wins gets both in the ring and one off the opposite team. For example; Let's say one of my beavers was fighting your raccoon and won. I would get my beaver, your raccoon, and another one of your animals of my choice." I explained. He smirked. "You're on." He said.

We played for 2 hours before one of us won the whole game. I won the game, and Mitch was shocked. "I've never lost a game.." He was saying to himself. "Well, I had an advantage. I know the animals. I know the strength's and weaknesses. I've been playing this game since I was five." I said. He shrugged. "I guess you're right." He said. I smiled. He looked at me. "So uh.. What now?" He asked. I shrugged. "I'm not used to hanging out with people. So.." I said. He nodded. "Right. I forgot. Sorry." He said. "It's alright." I said. "Wanna go to my place..?" He asked nervously. I too became nervous not sure what to do. "Sure.." I answered.

He led me to his house. I stopped. "You live across from me." I said. "Really?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, that's my house." I answered, pointing. "Nice. We'll go there later." He said, grabbing my hand and gently pulling me to his house. He opened the door without a care. "I'm skipping school! And I brought a friend!" He yelled. Nothing. Pure silence. "Of course. They went out." He mumbled. I squeezed his hand slightly to bring him back into reality. He looked at me and smiled slightly. "Right. Come on." He said, pulling me inside. He shut the door using telekinesis.

He took me upstairs to his room and set his bag in front of his bed. "You can put your bag beside mine." He said. I did, then casually sat on his bed. He sat crisscrossed on the bed against the wall. "My parents are both whores." He said. I looked at him, slightly confused. "They leave a lot. Get drunk. bring people here. Fuck them out in the barn." He said. There was pain coming from him, and in a way it hurt me. "I'm the child they didn't want. My mom wanted an abortion but she didn't want to be looked down on for killing an unborn kid."

Not knowing what else to do, I laid my head on his lap, the back of my head against his stomach. I could feel him smiling, and some of the pain had faded from him. He ran his fingers through my hair, petting. It was soothing. His thought was so clear.. Mine.

Silent Screamsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें