2

Mitch took me down a trail in the woods. "So.. you new to town? Or just the school?" He asked. "Just the school. I've been homeschooled all my life. My brother got tired of me working on spells rather than school work." I answered. He nodded. "Trained witch or born?" He asked, looking at me. "Uh, born. I'm the first born witch in eight generations." I told him. He smiled. "Cool. So what type of magick do you do?" He asked. "All types."

He asked a lot of questions as we walked. His phone went off. "That's probably Jessie wondering where I am." He said, pulling his phone out. I looked at his phone. 'Where are you and that quiet kid??' It read. "Oh wow I was mentioned." I said. Mitch laughed as he texted back. 'A walk.' He answered. He put his phone on silent and put it back in his pocket.

We soon came to a clearing. Not just any clearing.. It was decorated. Beautifully decorated. My face was filled with awe. "Like it?" Mitch asked. I nodded, too shocked to speak. He chuckled. "I'm glad you like it. No one else seems to." He said. "How could they not?" I managed to ask, running my fingers against some of the decoration. I could sense him smiling.

He sat down on a log and cleared his throat. "So uh, why don't you talk much?" He asked. "Trust.." I answered, not looking away from the decoration. He kept smiling, amused by my reaction to the decoration. He pulled out a violin. I looked at him, confused. "I uh, would play it on piano, but as you see, there's no piano here." He said, laughing nervously. I sat on the log with him. "What are you playing?" I asked. "You'll see.." He said, preparing to play. I was kind of curious to hear, me not being interested in instruments like that.

With the exception of one.. The River Flows In You. And that's what he played. I watched his hands and face as he played, drawn in to the sound and movements. Each note was hit perfectly, on time, and beautifully. I couldn't help but smile. I tried to stop, but I couldn't.

The song ended and he looked at me. I was still smiling, still not able to stop smiling, and now embarrassed cause I was smiling. Cute. He thought. I blushed. "You do remember that I read minds right?" I asked. He nodded. I laughed a little. "Sorry if it was weird. I didn't mean for it to be." He said. I shrugged. "It's ight." I said. He smiled. "So uh.. What do you want to do now?" He asked. I thought for a minute then smiled. "Have you ever rounded up a bunch of animals and played war?" I asked. He shook his head. "No I haven't."