12

We stayed at the clearing Mitch took me to when we first met. I didn't mind it uch, other than it was pretty close to the school and the other "members" of the cult could easily turn us in. I felt bad for what I did to Adrian. I never meant to hurt him, though yes he did deserve it. He's my brother.. Family is supposed to be there for eachother.

Mitch didn't want to talk about what happened. I could tell. But it was hurting him as much as it was hurting me. I thought about what happened a lot. The things that could've or should've happened. I couldn't take it back. I couldn't go back and change what happened. I knew I had to let it go somehow. But how?

It'd been three days and we hadn't spoken much. Birds would talk to Mitch and after they would leave he'd look at me. Today was slightly different. A bird had spoken to him and he walked to me and sat beside me. "Adrian is looking for you. He was released from the hospital today and is worried about you." He said. I shrugged. "He'll find me or give up sooner or later." I half whispered.

Mitch sighed and pulled me onto his lap. "We've been hiding for three days. Maybe it's best you talk to him about what happened. Try to get him to understand." He said. I looked in the direction of where my house was. "I don't know." I said. And I didn't know. I mean, why would he want to talk to me. I threw him out a window.

"I need to hunt. I'll be back." I said, quickly kissing Mitch's cheek and shifting to a wolf. I ran off, half hunting, half tryna figure out what to do. All I did for about ten minutes was run. I didn't know where I was going or why. I stopped once I got to the edge of the woods. In front of me was my house. I sensed pain coming from inside. I shifted to human form and slowly walked over to the house. Looking through a window, I saw Adrian on the couch, crying. His arms were covered in cuts. I debated on what to do. Go ahead baby. Talk to him. You'll be alright. Mitch's voice ran through my head. I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door. Adrian cracked the door a bit. "Yes..?" He said, fighting back more tears. "Hey Bubba.." I whispered. I wanted my voice to be louder, but a whisper was all I could get out.

"Derrick.." He said, half ass swinging open the door and picking me up, hugging me tightly. I didn't really know what to say, so I just hugged back. He cried on me, which honestly made me want to cry. "I'm so sorry.." I whispered. He shook his head. "No.. I was in the wrong.. I shouldn't have broken the promise I made to you.." He said. Afterwards he put me down. "I deserved what you did to me... I'm not mad and I don't hate you for doing it..." He said. I nodded. "Where have you and Mitch been?" He asked. Right after that we heard Mitch scream from the forest.

I have never ran quicker in my life.