7

It was Sunday now and I was terrified. I hadn't heard from Mitch since the day Ginger told me not to come to school, and I could feel that he was in a lot of pain. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't focus on anything. And I couldn't eat. "Hey, Derrick, you alright?" Adrian asked me. We were having dinner, and this is the first time in days that I've eaten at the dinner table. I slowly shook my head. "Something's wrong." I whispered. Adrian was just about to respond when Mitchs voice was heard from his house, yelling at his parents. It was about me again.

"He doesn't love you!" His dad yelled. "Yes he fucking does! Why do all of you fuckers think he doesn't?!" Mitch yelled back. I started shaking. I wanted to do something about it but I promised I wouldn't go to his house. Adrian noticed that. "I'll be back." He said, getting up and going across the street. I followed him, but I only stayed close enough to hear them talk. And to hear Mitchs heartbeat. It calmed me.

Adrian knocked on the door. "You are- ugh. Lilian can you get the door?" Mitchs dad said. His mom came down the stairs and opened the door. "Hello?" She said."I heard y'all yelling about my brother. I would like to talk to you about it." He said. Lilian looked at me then nodded. "Alright. You coming in Quiet Boy?" She asked. I shook my head. She smirked."Mkay." She let Adrian in and called her husband down.

My phone buzzed. It was a text from Mitch. I don't think my heart has ever raced faster.

Mitch; Hey baby. I'm sorry for not texting the past few days.

Me; Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're alive.

Mitch; Yeah. I kinda am too. I think I'm lucky to be alive right now. I just can't wait to see you tomorrow. I miss you.

Me; I miss you too babe. I'll for sure be there tomorrow.

Mitch; Okay :) I'll feel a lot better once I see you. To be honest, thinking about you has been keeping me alive. 

Me; Awh :'). Well, don't worry. I'll be there tomorrow. and you can stay at my house as long as you want.

Mitch; I'd like that.

I was out there for an hour texting him. My brother and his parents talked for that long about me and Mitch. Then my brother walked out. "Come on." He said, walking back. I followed still talking to Mitch. Right as I entered my room, Mitch called me.

The night went alright.

The next morning?

I don't think I've ever been more pissed.