Chapter 42

Edward's P.O.V

Bella's eyes begin to water up. She stands up along with Marcus. For the first time in a very long time I get to see her, all of her. Pregnant with my child and in all her glory. I have a sudden urge to just grab her and hold her, never let go and never allow anyone to ever attempt on tearing us apart ever again. But in order to do that, I have to get some other business done first.

"I'm calling the police!" Sofía cried out.

"No!" Bella cried out.

"Mom." Marcus stepped in, half his body in front of Bella, protecting her. "Mom, this has got to end. Now."

"It will!" The woman hissed. "That man will be taken to jail, I will make sure of it! And he will damn the day he didn't listen to me when I told him he should leave! If you want anyone to blame here is him!"

"The only one to blame here is you!" Bella snapped and stepped out from Marcus back. "You brought this onto you. Onto our entire family."

"Marcus," I say quietly. "Take Bella away from here. Your mother and I need to chat."

The woman scoffs. "I'll scream bloody murder and soon the house will be surrounded, you'll find no way out this time. You'll rot till the end of your pathetic life and you'll never get to meet the child you bread with my goddaughter."

Bella stiffens, her hands gripping the sides of her belly. She looks at me wide eyed before looking back at her godmother.

"There has to be a way," she whimpered. "Please, why are you doing this?"

"There was deal," I say. "A deal she had with your father. Since she hated my father she wanted to do everything to ruin him. But it didn't work her way."

Sofia laughs. "Right, what would I even want from a man like that?"

Bella looks confused. "Wait... you knew his father?"

"He's my birth father," Marcus says. It's the first time he actually said it out loud. Bella gasps, covering her mouth with her hand. Marcus looks at his mother. "Mom, this madness has to stop. Let Edward and Bella live their lives happily with their child. Please, this isn't healthy. Not for anyone."

Sofia takes a deep breath and looks down. For a moment it looks like she is actually considering her son's words. It's my hope. That way no one in this room will out hurt, Bella specially. She looks up and gives a half smile to her son.

"Oh darling, if it were only that easy." She reaches on the counter. Bella steps back when she pulls out a large, silver knife from the counter and looks at us. "This will end today. I don't care how, I'm done dealing with you Cullen's."

"Mom," Marcus said in full panic. "Don't do anything you might regret."

"Oh, I won't." She looked at me. "I'll actually enjoy it."

Bella screams when Sofia launches at me with the knife. It all happens so fast, next thing I know, Marcus jumps between her and I. There's a piercing scream and a sudden silence. Sofia gasps and her eyes, wide open and filled with tears, stare at her son as he grunts. Bella let's out a cry, covering her face with both her hands.

Marcus' leg bend and he falls on the floor, both his hands gripping the edges of her knife in his abdomen. Sofia cries out, shaking in her spot, staring down at her son. Bella runs to him, placing his head on her lap. She cries and looks at me, the look breaks my heart. Sofia stumbles and then looks at me. Out of nowhere, the man that was walking outside runs in with a panic expression.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck!"

"Call the ambulance!" He runs out. I run to Marcus and check the wound, I don't take the knife out because that way he will lose more blood. "It's not in deep. You'll be okay?"