Chapter 4

Bella's P.O.V

October 16, 1941...

Today was the last day of review. Well, it wasn't actually review, everything we had to review and practice was completed yesterday. Today was the day I picked up the files with my own patients I'll be seeing on Monday. I was excited to start work, I was actually going to start something that mattered. Alice and the rest of the nurses were as excited as I was.

For the past two weeks, review days were just as if we were back in high school. Endless hours of writing notes and practice and homework and we only got a thirty minute break. Unfortunately it was at the same time as the pilots break. Mr. Cullen was a pilot and he very much enjoyed teasing me every time as I walked past him and his friends, including Jasper and Emmett. Alice did notice and liked to joke around, calling him my boyfriend.

I'd rather die than be his girlfriend.

Thanks to Lauren and her know it all way of being I learned things about him. Apart from being rich and his father dying at a young age, leaving him in charge of his mother and sister, I also learned a few different things. Mr. Cullen has never been a believer neither in love or God. He grew up isolated from the world willingly because his ambition was great beyond belief. His interest was in his money and job, never had he cared for others than himself.

Quite a man.

I didn't see Jacob that much, he was involved in other stuff that we hardly ever talked but ever time we saw each other we exchanged a smile and a greet.

I walked in the conference room where Mrs. Cope who waited by her desk reading a book.

"Morning, Mrs. Cope," I greeted her as I walked to her desk.

She smiled at me. "Morning, Isabella. Did you come for your files?" She asked.

"Yes, I did. I wanted to pick them up early before this place got crowded," I answered without losing my smile. Mrs. Cope was a very kind and generous woman, she earned all my respect the same day we started.

"Of course, sweetheart." She looked through the large piles she had on her desk and on the ground until she found mine. The stack of files was small. It only contained seven. She handed it to me. "Here you go. Those will be your patients. On Monday all nurses will be requested to meet at the Harbor Hospital, they need their pilots checked up and get their injection."

"Injection of what?" I asked.

"It's just some medicine that prevents them from getting any illness. You'll have to check their strength, resistance, blood levels, pressure, breathing and eyesight before giving him the injection. If any present any condition that prevents them from doing their job then you have to inform us immediately, am I clear?" She asked.

"Clear. Well, thank you, Mrs. Cope. I'll see you on Monday," I pick up my pile and walk out of the conference room.

I'll check the files once we're all fully moved in our new home. Colonel Fitzgerald gave us the key to our home yesterday. Well, there are four different homes for nurses and mine happened to be with my roommates at the hotel and Jessica Stanley and Lauren Harrison.

Our home is beautiful. We're just across the street from the beach and the sunset from there is gorgeous. Perfect to read a book outside with the nice weather. I share room with my sister Alice in the master bedroom while the other girls split room between themselves.

I was making my way out of the building when I saw Mr. Cullen walking toward me. He had no emotion on his face as he approached me and stopped cold right in front of me. He stood up tall, his hands behind his back and his eyes locked with mine the same way they did when he walked in the salon.