Chapter 2

Bella's P.O.V

We arrived at Pearl Harbor late Saturday in the afternoon. My hopes were that shortly after arriving, Alice would be as tired as I was but unfortunately that was not the case. She was wide awake and filled with excitement with the new phase of our lives.

Once we arrived at the harbor, all nurses walked out of the train where we were loudly greeted by all the men in the air force that happened to be at a bar nearby. They waved, whistled and called at us to join them but we were instructed to get in the cabs and be taken to our hotel.

The rooms had four beds, one bathroom and a living area. This will be where we will be living before we are allowed to see patients in the following two weeks. I sigh happily once my head hits the soft pillow. I could really use a nap. Unfortunately, I was roomed with Alice and Rosalie, who wasted no time in getting ready.

"Izzy, what are you waiting for?" Alice said, throwing my blue dress at me. "Come on, everyone is getting ready for the party!"

I sit up on the bed. "Do I really have to go? I'm really tired, Alice, I want to sleep. I could stay here with Angela." But unfortunately Angela was also being dragged to the party by Rosalie.

"No, come on."

I sigh, standing up. I walk in the bathroom, almost slamming the door behind me to get ready. After everyone was ready, I took Alice's arm and walked with her down to the lobby where we'd meet with the rest of the nurses for the party. It was going to be two streets from here at a local salon the men rented so it was safe to walk there.

Once we got there the band was already set and playing for the men who drank at the bar and other people who joined in the party were already dancing at the dance floor. Once we entered, they all cheered and walked up to us. They all splattered around asking for drinks and dancing either in groups or with a partner.

Alice and I stood beside an empty table watching how everyone had fun. She was eager to dance but of course as shy as she is, she's not going to ask one of these men to dance. God, why did we come anyway?

"Alice, we should probably go home," I tell her with the hope she would agree with me and we go back to the hotel.

"No, this is fun," she said with a wide smile, looking around in the salon. "We were never allowed out back in Forks with our father."

"And that was for a reason," I replied.

"And the reason was that he's an angry, isolated man who liked to keep us locked up in that house," she replied back. "Come on, loosen up and we'll hopefully get a partner to dance with."

"I will not dance with anyone," I reply angrily. I let go of her arm and look around at the crowded room with people dancing. God, I wish I was in bed. I fix my wavy hair, making sure o at least don't look like a mess. My dress goes down below my knees, appropriate for my father.

Rosalie skipped back to us, this time with a very tall and muscular guy. She smiled widely at us and said, "Girls, meet Emmett McCarthy, the guy I told you about."

He gave us a slight bow and smiled. "Evening, ladies."

"Evening. I'm Alice and this is my sister, Izzy." Alice introduced us.

I give him a slight bow and smile at him. He is very handsome and does seem like a really nice man.

"Some of Emmett's friends are coming," Rosalie said, her hand wrapped tightly around his arm. "Maybe they can partner up with them," she told him. "Especially Izzy, she needs to loosen up a bit."

"I do not need to-"

"She totally has," Alice interrupts me with excitement.

"Well, hopefully they both come with as much excitement as you, Miss. Certainly one of them makes it hard to agree with," he replied with a smile.