Chapter 14

Bella P.O.V

Everything zooms out and goes in slow motion as I see before me as one of the ships explodes and the giant fire and cloud of smoke is ejected into the air.

The alarms sound just after and the people walking in the streets are now running as far away from the base as possible. I don't.

"Everyone to the hospital!" I yell as I jump off the porch and run my way down the street. The rest of the group follow behind me, pushing aside the people who come in our way, telling them to take cover. You never know what exactly is their target.

"Get as far from the area as possible!" I tell the people who run past me.

Suddenly, a little girl cries. I stop running and look at the little girl who sits on the side walk, curling up in a ball. She sits alone crying as people run past her. I make my way to her when suddenly, I hear Alice yell, "Bella, take cover!"

A plane flies really close to ground and it starts shooting at pedestrians. I run toward the little girl, grab her and take cover under one of the table at the restaurant right beside the shop. It was raining bullets all around us, I saw before me people fall to the ground dead. I cover the little girl's eyes and curl myself into a ball with her underneath me.

After the plane passed, we came out. A middle aged woman ran up to us and said she was the mother. I gave her the girl and looked for my sister and the rest. They came out of a shop right across the street and we made the rest of our way to the hospital. Unfortunately, we had to run faster. Bombs were started to being thrown at the streets of Pearl Harbor.

I ran quickly, grabbing Alice by the arm when a notice a second plane coming this way. We duck down as another bomb is dropping and another round of bullets it's thrown at the people.

I can't believe this is happening. Why is this happening? When it was over, the streets are complete chaos. There are people dead, people injured, people who are still running away from the base. The base. When I look at the direction of the base, it's all under smoke and surrounded by planes. I notice that our planes are in the air too now, fighting against the Japanese.

"We have to go!" I tell Alice as we ran the rest of the way to the hospital.

When we got there, the staff were evacuating the patients from upper floors and getting them away from the windows. I run to Seth's room, who is sitting on his bed, looking afraid.

"Can you walk?" I ask him, throwing him a pair of pants.

"Yes, I'm fine. What the hell is going on?" He asked, alarmed.

Before I had the chance to answer, a bomb is dropped outside the hospital. Seth and I are thrown to the floor as the glass shatters all around us. The entire building shakes, cracking the walls and ash falling on us. I groan at the sudden ache I get in my neck and the buzzing in my ears. I sit up at the same time as Seth and look at him.

"The Japanese," I said as a matter of explanation.

"Shit. I have to go to the base!" He got up.

"No! Seth, it's war out there, I can't let you go! Edward would never forgive me if I do!"

"People are dying out there!" He protested.

"That's why we can't risk you!" I insist. "Please, Seth, just go with the other patients that are being taken to the basement."

"I'm not going to sit around doing nothing!" He yelled. "Please, at least let me go to the streets and bring the people who are injured."

I groan, knowing there will be no way I can keep him here. I nod and let him go back to the streets. I run toward the emergency room where patients are being wheeled over to the basement, where they will be safe from any bomb or bullet.