Chapter 24

Edward's P.O.V

It was pretty much the same as the days went by. In the mornings Bella would leave with her mother and sister to finish the planning of the fancy ball, leaving me alone in the room until Jasper came to fetch me to get me out of the house before Mr. Swan and I could cross paths. We usually just went to the bar and talked, about almost nothing in general. But most of the time we talked about our wives and he was glad to tell me about the joys of parenthood.

I don't know why lately almost every subject leads to children, it really weirds me out.

It was nice that I didn't see Mr. Swan for more than thirty minutes during dinner before my wife dragged me up to our designated room. It was really different that now and then she would demand certain things from me. At first I found it weird being in her parents home but then, I found myself not caring.

I ran my fingers down her bare back as she laid across my chest with one hand and the other I placed behind my head. It was nice having it just be us for a little while, without having her sister, the baby, her mother and her father constantly around, watching our every move. I listen to her soft, even breathing. I watched how her body rised and fell with each breath she took. I smile to myself, kissing the top of her head.

"Hmm," she stirred in my arms. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes. "What happened?"

I shake my head with a smile. "Nothing. Go back to sleep."

She smiled back, laying her head on my chest. "I'm not sleepy anymore. I guess you wore me out."

I laugh this time. "I wore you out? I think it's the other way around, Love."

She laughs, laying her chin on my chest. My heart swells with so much happiness just looking at her. Her hair is a mess, her skin is flushed and her eyes are wide and filled with life. Our faces are just inches from each other, her lips just inches from my chin. I reach over and poke her little button nose and run my finger down her cheek.

"Why are you so beautiful?" I ask, not intending to get an answer. I never get it whenever I ask this type of questions. "What brought this on?"

She frowns. "What brought what on?"

I shrug. "Well, let's just say back home you weren't so... Demanding."

Her cheeks flush with a deeper shade of red and places a kiss on the center of my chest.

"I don't know," she says. "Is it weird?"

"Different."

"Different bad or good?"

"Definitely good." She laughs against me. "So, you don't know, huh?" I start playing around with her hair.

"Does it really matter?"

I think about it for a second.

"I guess not but it would also be really good if you shared it with me," I replied. She takes a deep breath and stays quiet, signalling that she doesn't want to continue with the subject. Then I get an amazing idea. "Stay with me tomorrow."

She looks up again. "Tomorrow?"

"Yes. You've just spent an entire week leaving me alone here and going on with that ball planning. I'm starting to feel left out."

She laughs, laying her chin back down on my chest. "Well, I was actually planning on surprising you tomorrow when you noticed I wasn't planning on leaving."

"You were?" I asked, surprised.

"Mhm. The planning is over, I have the following four days for us before the ball."