Chapter 20

Bella P.O.V

September 13th, 1945...

I groan when the curtains are drawn apart and the bright sunlight of the early autumn morning in Pearl Harbor. I bury my face on my pillow when Edward lays down back on the bed next to me.

"Good morning, birthday girl," he whispered right next to my ear. I groan into the pillow which causes him to laugh. "Come on, we have to do something today."

I roll over and look at him. "Have I not told you I do not like to celebrate my birthday, Mr. Cullen."

"Yes but that doesn't mean I care, or does it, My Love?" He asked with a wide grin across his face. "Now, Mrs. Cullen, get up."

I smile as I watch him get off bed and walk to the bathroom. God, I cannot get used to him calling me Mrs. Cullen, it's still kind of hard to get it in my head that now I am married to Mr. Cullen, the man I swore I would hate for all eternity and never fall in love with. Now, I've only been married to him a month.

We're still in the honeymoon phase of our marriage. I asked for no honeymoon, I was happy with just staying at the beach of Pearl Harbor with him. My sister, Alice, was no happy about it because she wanted me to travel like she did for her honeymoon. Well, the only place she traveled to was Acapulco in Mexico.

Edward grabs me by the legs and pulls me over to him until we're face to face, my legs wrapping around him.

"I have something for you," he said with a smile.

I pout. "I thought I've left it very, Mr. Cullen, that I did not want any gifts."

He grinned. "Well, Mrs. Cullen, I felt like not following that petition."

I frown at him, my hands gently tugging his hair. "I thought that I also left very clear that you may only call me Mrs. Cullen when you are-"

"And why would I not be perfectly happy if today is the birthday of my beloved?" He said with an arched eyebrow. "Mrs. Cullen?"

I chuckle and pull some of his hair from his forehead. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"Mrs. Cullen," he whispered again before placing a kiss on my nose. He went forward to my left cheek. "Mrs. Cullen." He kissed it and moved to my right cheek. "Mrs. Cullen." He pulled away and with his left hand gently stroked my cheek. He smiled at me and said, "Mrs. Cullen."

And finally, he kissed me on the lips.

I love the way I can always feel a bliss of happiness whenever he says my new name. I'm still not able that believe that I've been Mrs. Cullen for almost a month. Almost a month. In the matter of that time a lot had happened. Edward's mother has sent a letter demanding for our immediate divorce after she found out she wasn't invited to the wedding.

Neither her or Tanya Denali were there, that's where I drew my line when I talked to Edward about it. His uncle and aunt along with Seth and Diana were the first people we invited to our small wedding. I think there was only approximately fifty people in total there. Even Ben was there with his new girlfriend Marian, she's so sweet and kind. She kind of reminded me of Angela in some sort of way.

That morning I received a call from my sister and our friends to congratulate me for my birthday. Diana came by the mansion to spend the day with us.

Edward did kind of spoil me throughout the day. I admit it wasn't something I was used too, never had my parents spoiled me on my birthday in any way Edward has today. We ate breakfast in bed, walked along the beach for a while, swam at the beach and spent some time with Diana.