Chapter 31

Bella's P.O.V

I rush down the stairs as I tug my sweater on. I can't believe I almost stood by to watch my husband being taken by the police, could he really have done it? I need to talk to him, I need to hear his side of the story then confront my father and godmother. But what if he did try to hurt my father? And leave me? Then why the hell did he come back? I need to get to him before they take him.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I see Alice crying in my mother's arms, Marcus standing by the window and Madam Sofia talking to two cops. Wasn't she outside with them? They all turn to me when I walk in, but I immediately rush to my crying sister.

"Ali, what's the matter?" I pull the hair from her face. She shakes her head and leans her head on our mother's shoulder. "Mom, what happened? What is going on?"

"They took them," Marcus says, stepping away from the window. "Both of them."

"Jasper and Edward?" Mom nods, rubbing my sister's back. I turn to my godmother, who stands with the two police men and stand up. "Why take both? Where did you take them?"

"Miss-"

"Why take them both?" I snap. "Do you have any evidence Jasper had anything to do with this? With my husband? What kind of evidence do you have?"

"We have Madam Sofia's word and your father's," the officer said.

"So, that's it?" I approach them. "Because you have their word, you'll going to convict two men on an attempt of murder?"

"Are you accusing me of lying?" Madam Sofia approaches me and takes my hand in hers. "Sweetie, don't you see? Those men-those low life bastards were no good for you! Edward Cullen was going to leave you, he tried to hurt you father when he tried to stop them! And Jasper was backing him up all along!"

I snap my hand away from hers and glare. "Really? My husband was leaving me? Then why was he packing my clothes along with his? Why did he come back if he tried to hurt my father? And why didn't my father look at me in the eyes when he told us?"

"Sweetie-"

"No Sweetie! Ever since I can remember is you pushing me around, telling me what's adequate, what's not, how should I behave and how I should not, what should I expect for my life and men, but not anymore!" That's when I remember what my father said the day I told him I was marrying Edward. Everyone looked at me, waiting for me to say something until I finally manage to find the words. "This isn't about me or how wrong my marriage was from the beginning. This is about the agreement you had with my father!"

"What agreement?" Marcus pushes himself off the window. "What agreement are you talking about?"

I laugh sarcastically. "Yeah, like you didn't know!"

"We're gonna go," one of the cops says as they attempt to walk out the door.

"No, you're not!" I snap my finger at them. They both stop and look at me. "You're taking me to my husband and you're taking me now! And you-" I point to my godmother, "-I want you out of my house, I want you out of my life and I sure as hell want you out of my father's house!"

"Bella-"

"Bella, nothing!" I snatch my purse from the coffee table and look at Marcus. "Why don't you have your mother tell you how she dragged my father into a deal of having us both married before we were even born!" I walk up to Alice and kneel next to her. "I'm gonna go with the police men and I'm going to get them out of there, I promise."

"Bella." She takes my hands in hers and sniffs. "Please, be careful."

I fake a smile to my sister and pull her hair from her face. "Trust me, sister. I'm not the one who has to be careful." I glare at my godmother and get on my feet. "Out of my father's house!"