Chapter 16

Bella P.O.V

I reread the letter all over again.

My dear Alice,

I know you probably do not want to know anything from me, but I needed to talk to you. Theses weeks without you have been almost too painful to bear and fortunately both Ben and I asked for permission and we will be allowed to visit the week before Christmas.

I'm sorry for how I left things before I came. I love you, Alice and I still hope you love me. I want to spend the rest of my days with you, only if you allow me.

I'm sorry for being such an asshole.

Love,

Jasper.

"What can he mean with spend the rest of my days with you?" I ask, looking back at my sister. She shrugs. "He must have sent this days ago, given how long it takes for a letter from the Middle East to arrive here."

"They're coming here, Bella. Ben might not get your letter and they probably will arrive at the day of the funerals," Alice said.

"I know." I know that Ben finding out about Angela is not the main concern for Alice. He will find out in any sort of form or matter, it's Jasper that has her like this.

"Bella, you cannot think me weak enough to fall all over for him," she said, obviously knowing what I thought.

I smile. "I think you can make him half as much in love with you than what he already is."

"No. I'm glad that right now we have nothing that connects us because then we'll have to see less of him." She grabbed her clipboard and walked away.

I know my sister and I know that she does not need that. I wonder what brought on this change. What made him all of the sudden profess his love to my sister after not speaking to her for weeks.

~~~~ The Following Night ~~~~

I follow Diana across the hall through their very large large. I was very surprised to know that they owned a house here due to the fact that Edward always slept at the base. Maybe it was required for him to do so.

I did my best to dress nicely. I wore my blue dress, the same one I wore the day of the party the first time we came. My hair is nicely done in waves, just like always.

We entered the main hall where everyone stood waiting for my arrival. Dr. Cullen stood next to his wife, Esme Cullen whom I met earlier today on my shift at the hospital. Next to them stood their son, Seth. On the couch sat Mrs. Elizabeth Cullen next to the family friend Tanya Denali, who kept her eyes on Edward, who stood at the furthest corner of the house. He had his arms crossed over his chest and didn't look very much amused with the situation.

"Isabella, how nice it is to see you again," Esme smiled. "Are you well?"

"Very well, thank you," I smile back. I look back at Mrs. Elizabeth Cullen. "Thank you, Ma'am, for the invitation."

"No worries," she said without looking at me. "I grew quiet curious toward you after our short meeting yesterday at the hospital."

I nodded, not knowing what exactly to say toward her comment.

"Shall we all eat?" Dr. Cullen asked, clapping his hands together.

We all follow Mrs. Cullen to the dinning room. It was a giant room that looked more like a gallery room than an actual dinning room.

Due to her curiosity toward me, Mrs. Cullen asked me to sit next to her son, who sat beside her by the head of the table. Across from us sat Tanya and Diana. The food was served and we all started eating in silence.