Chapter 36

Bella's P.O.V

Four Months Later...

"Now, what in the world do you think you are doing, young lady?" Carlisle rushes up to me and grabs the grocery bags from me. I chuckle and hand him the rest and take a seat on the chair beside the kitchen table. It's so much harder now that I am almost six months pregnant and my belly is expanding at a rapid speed. Carlisle kneels in front of me and takes my hand. "How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

I smile at him. "I am fine, Carlisle. Just a little exhausted."

"Well, you wouldn't be if you weren't carrying three full bags of groceries. What were you thinking, huh?"

I chuckle. "Carlisle, I had no milk, no juice or anything that I was craving. That reminds me, I did buy a whole chocolate bar that I was eating in the store." I reach in one of the shopping bag, that so happens to be the bag I was looking for and grab my half eaten chocolate bar.

Carlisle chuckles. "I know, sweetie, but you knew I was coming over to keep an eye on you. You easily could have called me and asked me to bring you this stuff. You carried all of this on your way here from the grocery store."

I laugh. "Okay, next time I will give you a call. But you can help me put all the groceries away."

"Sounds like a plan," he says and helps me up to my feet. "Apart from my exhaustion, how are you feeling? Baby kicking and everything?"

I nod. "He or she has been since the last time you check, Carlisle. I really love that the four of you want to keep an eye out on me, but with the four of you combined, I feel a little kid."

He hands me the pack of cookies. "That is because we are all excited for the new member of our family. We all have to look out for you and the baby because you are very important to us... and Edward."

My smile, while small, slightly fell at the sound of my husband's name. My husband, who I have not spoken to for four months since I left Portland to come back home. The last thing I heard about him was from Jasper and it only was that he had finally told Edward that I left Portland after a week. He said Edward was obviously affected but he thought it was a good idea that I remain as far as possible from Portland with the baby. Jasper is the only one I have kept in touch from Portland. I haven't talked to my mother, father or sister regardless of how many phone calls or letters they send me. While I have been apart from my family, Edward's family has been taking care of me. I mean, Carlisle, Esme, Seth, Diana, his mother and Jasper. I can't catch a break with anyone. Diana lives with me in the house Edward bought for us. Esme comes over to spend time with me up until Diana comes back from school, Carlisle comes every once in a while just to check on me and on my baby.

"Have you... is there any news on Edward?"

Carlisle slowly closes the fridge door and looks at me. "Jasper went to see him last week, no update. But he's okay, Bella. Trust me."

I shake my head and take out the bread from the bag. "How good can he be, Carlisle, while he's locked up like a criminal for something he didn't do."

"I know. But he needs you right now, the best we can do is keep you and that baby healthy for when he comes home. You know all he'll want is to have you safe and sound."

I smile and look at him. "Yes, I know." Suddenly, the baby begins to move from inside me. I gasp and place my hands on my stomach. "Carlisle, the baby is moving."

"Really?" He reaches out and places his hand on my stomach. The baby receives his touch with a slight kick. "Wow, someone woke up pretty energetic."