Makeup

I️ wasn't actually in love with Tae yet, but I️ felt like I️ was getting there. I️ was praying it was a mild crush, like the ones I️ got on the male characters in the erotic romance novels I️ wasn't allowed to read.

But this was a crush on a real breathing human. It had to be my first. How could I️ like any man after dealing with the most trashy males?

Why did I️ even like Tae? Sure, he occasionally stood up for me and Chinua, but he lied to me. He made a fool out of me, teaching me "fighting techniques" he made up on the spot.

I️ laid down on my bed, completely exhausted.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Amira, are you in there?" A soft voice that I️ immediately recognized to be Tae asked. My cheeks blushed immediately, upon hearing his voice while I️ was thinking about him.

I️ didn't speak.

"Amira, I️ know you are. Are you okay? Why did you leave the table so suddenly?" He worriedly asked.

I️ decided to respond. "Because I'm sick. Duh, Tae." I️ fake coughed.

"I️ feel like you're upset with me." He sighed, disappointed with himself.

"I'm not. My stomach feels really weird." Which wasn't a lie at all. Anytime Tae spoke to me recently, my stomach felt like it was fluttering.

"It's just that? Nothing else?" Tae asked.

        No, there is so much I️ want to tell him. I️ have no one else to tell all my secrets.

I wanted to reveal to him everything- about me sneaking off to a boys academy, impersonating a male named Aman. But now I️'ll never be able to go to the academy, because I️ have to go to a stupid all girls' academy about learning pottery and putting on makeup. I️ wanted to also tell my strange feelings about him.

       But I️ also remembered him skipping classes to go somewhere else, and teaching me fighting techniques which he didn't even learn himself.

       Why should I️ tell my greatest secrets to someone who's lied and made a fool out of me. How could I️ trust him?

If he could lie so easily, so could I️. Two can play at this game.

"Nothing else, Tae. Please leave, I'm trying to sleep," I️ instructed him.

He sounds disappointed. "Okay, Amira. Just hope you're fine."

"Thanks for your concern. Goodnight, Tae."

"Night."

Tae's perspective

I️ wanted to tell Amira something extremely important. I️ wanted to tell her about a huge secret that I've kept from her. I️ felt so guilty about keeping this from my best friend.

But I️ guess I'll tell her another day. If there's even enough time.

Amira's perspective

After a whole night of restlessness, I️ went to my regular classes. After that, me and Chinua went to the women's school on a horse carriage.

I envily watched the boys go in one direction to the fighting academy, while we headed towards towards the other one. Tae really had no idea how lucky he was, but of course he skipped those classes and lied to everyone.

We finally reached the women's academy. It was really an all women's academy- no male guards were allowed to enter with us. They had to stand outside. But, one of the female servants, Erhi, who served in the army and knew many defense techniques came with us. There had to be someone who could protect me and the princess.