Advice

But who was Chim Chim jealous of? Was he jealous of me or Tae? Did he have a crush on either of us? Or was he still attached to Tae, after they stopped hanging out?

       I pondered these thoughts through dinner and eventually left early.

        The next day, I entered my fighting class and joined everyone else who was stretching. Master Haden stands at the front and makes an announcement.

"Okay, it's time for you to learn how to fight," Master Haden specifically points at me.

"What do you mean? Haven't I been learning how to fight for these past few weeks?" I was confused.

        "No, you dunce. I mean, today you're finally participating in your first duel." He crossed his arms.

"With who?" Hobi pulled up his sleeves and joined the conversation.

"With Chul."

      Hobi slaps his knee. "Do you think Aman's even ready?"

"Who's Chul?" I wonder.

"He's a ten year old from the kids' class," Jin explains.

I laugh. "C'mon I can handle a ten year old."

"No, you don't get it. He's a prodigee. He's the instructor's son and he's been learning how to pound people since he was an infant," Jin waves his arms back and forth, to emphasize the severity of the situation.

Hobi cackles. "This should be interesting. The best student from the kids versus the worst student of the teenage group. Pure entertainment." He and his friends chuckle maniacally at my doom.

Jin wraps his arm around my shoulder. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Haha, of course..." I nervously say.

Jin moves from me and shakes his head back and forth. "I was lying. No you won't survive! This kid will destroy you!"

"Well thanks for the confidence boost..."

Jin runs over to Master Haden. "Sir, are you sure Aman should start with fighting your son? You know he's one of the best his age. And Aman..."

I raise my hands up. "No need to spare my feelings. I get it, I'm one of the weakest from the teenage fighters."

"Yes, Aman is the absolutely most pathetic student from the teenage group! He'll get pummeled into a pulp!"

Master Haden shakes his head. "No, I genuinely think Aman has a chance. Although he's one of the shortest and skinniest kids here, he's got...spirit. He had the least experience, and yet he's dramatically improved his running, knot tying, shooting arrows. I think Aman can handle my kid."