Stolen

My parents don't act differently. Maybe Jimin hasn't revealed everything about me... yet.

I'm in my room getting dressed. I was really late for dinner at the garden and most people were outside.

God, I don't even want to get dressed for dinner. In the castle, I didn't even want to do anything. My life felt purposeless here. Fixed marriage. Silk dresses. Planned future.

Erhi was right.. I should be happy for a stable live with luxary...

But yet why did I hate it so much? Why did this enviable life just not fit me?

I hear a piercing, high-pitched scream and look outside my window.

Chinua has fallen to the ground and some gigantic man was running away from her.

What did he do to her?

No one was here in my room, so I throw on my peasant clothes. All of the palace guards on my floor run outside.

My father was running along with them. "He stole from the Princess!"

Chinua. He hurt and stole from Chinua.

I pull my mask up and follow the burglar.

A time for me to show who i was to my father and help Chinua? A double win.

I run from a royal secret entrance that's a shortcut to outside. No one was in my way because everyone was trying to follow the man.

From the palace towers, armed bowmen point arrows at the criminal. They all miss.

Palace guards finally aim arrows at me.

"I'm trying to help you guys!" I exclaim.

"He's The Warrior, for crying out loud. He's not the enemy here!" My father yells.

My father is defending me?

"Look Warrior, If you can get this burglar... all the crimes of yours will be pardoned. You'll be a hero!"

My father treating me like a hero..? That's all I've ever wanted.

I nod at him and increase my speed towards the criminal.

The giant man begins climbing the palace wall, by inserting his dual swords into the crevices of the wall between the bricks.

Palace guards try to climb, but they fall. Since it just rained, the wall was slippery.

I begin climbing, and with my light weight and calloused hands, it was more easy to do so. I finally caught up to the burglar.

He aims one of his swords at me, and I clash it with my steel staff.

We duel on the thin wall.

The stranger keeps trying to hit me, but I'm too fast for him. I hit my steel staff against one of his swords, and it falls into my other hand.

He pulls his other sword back and it slices his bag open.

There's a glittering, bejeweled object inside.

"It's the... crown." I realize.

Chinua's crown. With gems imported from several kingdoms across the world, it was worth millions... Literally one of the most valuable objects in the castle!

"Please have mercy," he begs.

"Hand over the crown," I demand.

"I can't."

"Either you kill him or we kill him!" My father yells from below.

All I had to do was defeat this man, and I would gain my father's respect. The kingdom's respect. From being the kingdom's outlaw... to being the kingdom's hero.

I raise the sword against the man's neck. His widens his eyes with fear, his bottom lip quivering.

Kill someone for a stupid crown?

It just wasn't me. It didn't seem sensical.

"What are you doing? End him already!" My father demands, below.

I lower the sword. "No. There has to be another way."

An arrow suddenly comes flying towards the criminal with the crown.

I stand in front of the man and slice the arrow in half with the sword. I turn towards him.

"Look, you need to hand over the crown! Dying for it is not worth it!" I try to reason with him.

"Thank you so much for saving me. I am so sorry I have to do this." He finally speaks.

"Sorry for what?"

He pushes my chest with incredible force.

This was a man who seemed like he was training for this his whole life. His weight was five times more than mine.

I stagger backwards from the edge and fall off the wall.

I dangle from the wall, inserting his sword into one of the crevices.

I look below me. I was thirty feet above the ground.

If I fall, I'll die. No doubt about it.

I've come to a conclusion at the edge of death:

Helping people never really helped me, did it?

"You let him get away! You coward!" My father yells.

With tremendous strength, I push myself up onto the wall. Now that the criminal escaped, I had to, also.

I climb down from the other side and citizens point at me.

"It's The Warrior!"

"Didn't he allow a criminal to get away?"

"He's a traitor!"

As I run, citizens of the kingdom throw rocks and food at me.

Palace guards chase me and citizens direct them to where I am.

Another rock hits my leg and I scream in pain. My pace slows down.

I'm screwed, aren't I?

As I run, someone pulls my arm and pushes me against the wall of a deserted alleyway.

They cover my mouth and hold me in place, as the angry mob chasing me passes by.

"Taehyung?" I gulp.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: drop what u think will happen and ur thoughts <3

also, please check out my stories of "villain", an nct taeyong centered college story, and divine defiance :)