Ways of the Warrior

After the injury, I️ put some herbs on my finger and tightly wrap it with a cloth

After the injury, I️ put some herbs on my finger and tightly wrap it with a cloth. Master Haden and Jin suggested I leave and go home. But I️ was no way going to give Hobi that satisfaction.

So I stayed for almost the the rest of the class. Hobi and his friends mostly ignored me, unless to make side comments about me being a "weakling". I️ pretended to not care.

I️ left class five minutes early though, because I️ didn't want to encounter Chim and the rest of the male royals again. I️ put the scarf on my face, buy some mangoes from one of the food carts on the street, and make my way back to the palace.

Finally, after getting through the gates and guards, I️ go to a secluded room and replace my male servant clothes with my royal female ones. I️ place the uniform and male clothes under a chair.

Barely anybody went into this room, so I️ just had to pray it would stay that way.

Finally, I️ make my way to Chinua's room. I️ knock on the door, and she refuses to let anyone in.

"Uh, Amira is changing her clothes right now! Come back in an hour!!!" She yells.

I️ snort. "I️ am Amira. I'm back."

She opens the door and lets me in. I️ throw the bag of mangoes to her, and she tries to catch it, but fails.

"I️ had to make so many lies when you were gone. How was horseback riding?" She asks, picking up the mangoes from the ground.

I️ gulped. I️ had lied to her about leaving the palace to go horseback riding, because if she knew what I️ was actually doing, she would refuse to let me go.

"Uh, it was great. A pleasant experience," I️ told her.

"You look and smell like a mess though. It's been years since we horseback rode, but I️ didn't remember sweating that much as you are right now. You stink!" She exclaims and holds her nose.

"You're right-I'll just go bathe," I️ begin to leave the room but she stops me.

"Hold it- your finger! Why is it wrapped with a cloth?" She asked.

Ugh, I️ forgot to put my hand under my sleeve so she woundn't see. "It sorta just happened. I️ may have fell off the horse," I️ lied again.

"Well let's get it checked by one of the palace doctors! We'll just tell them that you somehow fell over in the room," she tells me.

I️ agree. After my shower, Chinua and I️ go to the palace doctor. The injury isn't that bad as I️ perceived-he suggests me to put more herbs and not strain the finger for a few days.

"One day of horseback riding and you almost broke your finger. Perhaps it's best for you to remain in the palace walls," Chinua suggests.

I️ interrupt her. "HELL NO. I️ am not staying confined in this prison. Don't worry- I️ won't partipate for the rest of this week, but I just need to be around them."