Letter

"One of my secrets is... you make me really happy. And I missed your presence in my life for so long."

I internally shrieked but on the outside, tried my best to keep my cool.

"I missed you too, Tae. Thanks for being my friend."

Tae seemed dissatisfied with that answer and scrunched his nose.

"Friend- well I mean, just a really important person in my life. Someone who's presence impacts my life so positively," I corrected myself.

Tae tightened the grasp on my hand and smiles. "Better."

He totally likes me. I just know it. AAAAHHHH!!

We maintain eye contact for a few seconds, before he finally lets go of my hand. Why'd he let go? I WAS ENJOYING THIS.

"I wanna tell you so much.. about how I feel, about what's going on with me. But yeah three days. Okay, Amira?" Tae sighs.

I nod. "Agreed. Three Days. Good night Tae."

Tae places his back on the hill again and rests his head against his arm. He waves with his other hand. "Night, Amira."

I turn away away and walk a few steps down the hill.

"Hey!" Tae called out. He's sitting up again.

"What?" I cup the outside of my mouth with my hands when I call out to him.

"Just know... the moon looks good on you."

IF I COULD SCREAM RIGHT NOW I WOULD!

"You too," I shyly told him. I took my time walking back to my room, and giggled like a maniac when I finally jumped onto my bed. That night, I dreamt of meeting Tae on the hill in three days. Needless to say, it was one of the best dreams I've had in awhile.

I woke up in the morning and thought of the events last night. I couldn't wait until I meet Tae on our spot on the hill in a few nights, and tell him everything.

He'd be the first person who'd know about me escaping the palace walls to take his place in the academy. He'd know that I was the hero that saved him and the poor village boy from Chim. I'd finally be able to reveal my feelings to him. He could reveal where he's been going to when he wasn't fighting at the acadamy. Maybe he could accept my feelings and reveal if he had any...?

I giggled to myself again and ran to the washroom to get ready for the day.

Tae, Tae, Tae... That's all I could think about. It's not an obsession... right ?

After bathing and putting on my robes for the day, I went to the dining hall for breakfast. I even skipped putting on makeup like I usually do- I was comfortable without my "feminine" disguise. Tae made me feel that way.

I sat at the table and awaited for the rest of the royal families to arrive. Unfortunately, not everyone came yet.

I looked around for Tae.

"Why are your eyes bugging out of your head, Amira?" Chim sat next to me and placed his head on his hand.

I rolled my eyes. "Not in the mood."

"You looking for your little boyfriend?"

I almost choked on my rice. "Tae is not my boyfriend," I coughed and patted my chest.

"Aha! I didn't even say Tae, but you automatically assumed the boy I was talking about is Tae. So Tae is your boyfriend then?" Chim raised his brow.